DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society is seeking a Manager, Community Programs to join our Community Development Department. The Community programs portfolio offers a range of community programs, projects and partnerships pertaining to Food Security and Seniors Program areas. Leading a team of staff who are knowledge holders in their own areas of community development expertise, this position plays a pivotal role in the development and delivery of critical initiatives supporting immigrant and refugee and their connection to community. All of our programs provide support to immigrants, refugees, racialized communities, and others using a strength-based approach that is rooted in principles of cultural responsivity, justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (J.E.D.I).
- Administers Community programs efficiently and effectively in accordance with contractual obligations and DIVERSEcity values and Policies and Procedures;
- Monitors and ensures program service quality, enrollment, utilization and evaluation in accordance to funding guidelines;
- Ensures that programs utilize principles of cultural responsivity, justice, equity, diversity and inclusion and are responsive to community need;
- Prepares budget forecasts of assigned programs and monitors program expenditures with support from the finance department;
- Prepares funding applications and proposals for contract renewals and program development;
- Collaboratively engages with community partners and stakeholders to ensure impact of programs and initiatives;
- Informs and aligns Community Program activities to department and organizational wide strategic plan
- Provides reports to funders, assigned supervisor or Board of Directors, as required;
- Liaises with funders regarding operations and reporting, as well as ongoing planning, evaluation and advocacy;
- Ensures all staff provide professional, values aligned, client centred support which enables quality service delivery;
- Carries out the day to day administration of the Collective Agreement and DIVERSEcity Policies and Procedures;
- Coaches and supports staff in their work, provides strength-based feedback and coaching in areas where improvements are desired or where performance, conduct or attendance issues are present;
- Ensures adequate staffing levels by conducting recruitment, selection and hiring of new employees with support from the Human Resources department;
- Ensures training and professional development opportunities for staff to meet the emerging trends of their work.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL POSSES:
- Bachelors Degree in social sciences or relevant post-secondary training and experience in community development, not-for-profit management, international and/or social studies;
- 3-years experience in a community based non-profit organization;
- 2-years experience working with community, food security and/or senior's programs/services;
- 2-years experience in program and contract management and 2-years experience supervising staff or equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Experience with funding and proposal/grant writing;
- Experience with budget forecasting and expenditure monitoring;
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Experience with SharePoint and webinar development is preferred;
- Demonstrated understanding of the immigrant, refugee and settlement experience;
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder engagement skills;
- Knowledge of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (J.E.D.I) principles and practices;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines, in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent problem solving ability, discretion and judgement;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment;
- Innovative, flexible, and able to manage change and uncertainty;
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle;
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICANTS WHO ALSO POSSESS:
- Proven recent community-responsive program development experience,
- Understanding of intersectionality and the significance of it in the development of responsive programming and supports;
- A second language;
- Experience managing programs that support refugee and immigrants in connecting to community;
- Knowledge of Surrey, North Delta, White Rock, and/or Langley communities.
A criminal record check is required as a part of this process.
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter as separate attachments. Please note that only Word or PDF formats can be accepted. As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a short questionnaire. Please ensure all questions are answered.
To view all opportunities at DIVERSEcity visit www.dcrs.ca/work-with-us/.
This position is based in our Surrey office and offer a blend of in person and remote work. This position is not available for sponsorship, only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada can be considered.
A comprehensive job description will be provided to all candidates shortlisted for interviews.
DIVERSEcity is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact our HR department at via Isarta. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society is a registered charity devoted to helping newcomers. For 40 years we have focused on providing specialized services newcomers to find employment, learn English, find housing, deal with family challenges, work through mental health issues and access medical care. DIVERSEcity is a client-centred organization committed to quality and accountability. We value growth, respect, integrity and compassion. To learn more about DIVERSEcity visit us at https://www.dcrs.ca/.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.