GREAT insurance COMMUNICATIONS
ARE YOUR claim TO FAME.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton Kingsway
For you, being a great communicator is more than being an excellent writer (which you are) or knowing your way around the web, social media and print (which you do). It's understanding how to truly connect with people, no matter how complex or challenging the topic. Thinking on your feet when reputational risks arise? You're on it. Leading strategic communications that position AMA Insurance as a trusted leader? No sweat. Managing multiple tasks while keeping a cool head? All in a day's work. And when it comes to motivating a team, you're downright inspiring. We love that about you.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You're an expert juggler whose talent for multitasking keeps strategic priorities moving forward.
- You're a natural when it comes to building communications strategies, leading teams through change, and setting the tactical direction for marketing materials.
- You're a seasoned writer and editor. You probably spell-checked this job ad.
- You're a human decoder ring, translating complex language and processes in ways everyone can understand.
- You love taking a collaborative approach and have a track record of building strong partnerships.
- You're the resident MacGyver who always gets things done with the resources on hand.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to Chief Operating Officer, Insurance Services.
- Develop and drive Insurance communications strategies for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with Corporate Communications to ensure optimal delivery of insurance content to our Association membership.
- Serve as the first point of contact for Insurance communications, including media interviews, AMA Insider articles, news releases, employee intranet, social media and the web.
- Collaborate with other business units, and the Insurance Services' senior leadership team, to execute communications plans.
- Ensure Insurance communications are informative, educational and aligned with Association and business unit strategies.
- Provide direction and coaching to the Insurance Communications Specialists in the writing and editing of all communications.
- Identify opportunities to position AMA as a trusted industry leader.
- Identify key performance indicators and conduct post-mortem assessments.
- Provide high-quality communications advice, timely research and recommendations to help solve challenges and manage risk.
- Ensure all communications adhere to brand standards, both visually and in tone.
- Promote innovation, build consensus, and motivate others to adopt new concepts.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration or Marketing. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- You're no newbie. You have at least 10 years of progressive experience in communications or public relations. Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- You have a proven ability to foster positive relationships with various stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.