Requisition ID: 162744
Posting End Date: December 2, 2020
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
This exciting opportunity is one of many created by the creation of a provincial health care system able to support integrated and patient-focused health services throughout Manitoba. Manitoba's Health System Transformation is supporting the creation of roles that will support enhanced planning and integration, new areas of focus and improved consistency across health organizations. For more information of Health System Transformation and the initiatives that will provide Manitobans with high quality, equitable and sustainable health care, please refer to https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/hst/index.html.
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Digital Health focuses on supporting clinical and business systems as the foundation for leveraging electronic data in the delivery of health-care services. Business Services within Digital Health supports the introduction, use, optimization and sustainment of effective business administrative solutions, effective business processes, systems, services and technologies for the provincial health-care system in Manitoba.
We have opportunities for business services directors, who will build and manage a provincial team with a culture of client service to provide digital business solutions in support of the strategic and operating plans of Shared Health and its service delivery organizations (SDOs). As this role is provincial in nature, the work location is flexible within Manitoba and will be made in consultation with the successful candidates.
Reporting to the executive director business services, these directors will each take a primary role in a key area of business services within Digital Health such as business processes and services or business application support, will lead a team to deliver on all service level commitments, and will collaborate with senior leaders across the health system. The director will lead organizational change, ensure ongoing adoption, optimization, deployment and maintenance of technologies and related equipment, support and manage vendor contracts, and ensure effective services are provided to support overall organizational and business system requirements in the provincial health system. The successful candidates' leadership, professionalism, diplomacy, and continuous improvement orientation will be evident as they collaborate with clients and colleagues to provide excellent customer service, identify system solutions, and support an integrated province-wide health-care system that provides multiculturally respectful health services delivery.
- 10 years of progressive experience in the delivery of technological and/or operational changes across a large, geographically dispersed ICT services organization and sustaining the delivery of 24/7/365 support including:
- 5 years of experience managing a client service focused team in the delivery and maintenance of digital business applications, systems and solutions
- 5 years of experience developing and implementing annual operating plans focused on client service and leading multiple project teams in the deployment of digital business applications, systems and solutions
- 5 years of experience influencing senior management, key stakeholders, and negotiating and managing vendor contracts for outsourced digital business solutions, applications and hardware contracts
- 5 years of experience working with enterprise systems
- 5 years of experience leading digital and business transformation programs
Post-secondary degree in technology, computer science or engineering from an accredited educational institution
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Active member in good standing of an associated regulatory body as appropriate
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated mid to senior level leadership capabilities. The provincial health system in Manitoba has adopted the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework
- Must be able to work safely in a typical computerized office environment with frequent meetings at multiple sites throughout the organization, and to lift and carry items of up to approximately 10 kg
- Interruptions to respond to questions are common; dedicated and focused time for planning and concentration can be scheduled
- Travel throughout the province requiring a valid Manitoba driver's license and use of a personal motor vehicle
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.