LIFE AT SWOOP
When you work for Swoop, you're part of something big. We're a small airline with a big dream of bringing Canadians the freedom to travel where life takes them. We are innovators, collaborators, risk-takers and entrepreneurs who act with integrity and always put safety first.
Whether you are painting the skies magenta on a Swoop Boeing 737-800 or working at our Calgary HQ, we all play a role in upholding our values, mission and most importantly, disrupting the Canadian aviation industry through affordable travel.
Swoop is wholly owned subsidiary of the WestJet Group but make no mistake, we march to the beat of our own drum. At Swoop, our-day-to-day operations are vastly different and deliberately separate, but carefully aligned to complement the big-picture strategy of the WestJet Group.
Reporting to the Leader, Traveller Support, the Advisor, Social Media will be responsible for defining and delivering a social media community management strategy in support of both commercial and operational objectives. Working closely with cross-functional subject matter experts across the business, the Advisor Social Media will play a critical role in the digital transformation of our traveller support model, ensuring access to traveller support on social is quick, visible and consistently on brand.
A tech-savvy communicator, the Advisor will act as the visible voice of our brand in all social channels and be equally comfortable engaging with positive and neutral comments, as they are identifying and mitigating issues and negative sentiment. Curious, analytical and results-driven, the ideal candidate has a passion for translating data into actionable insights, creative solutions and incremental improvements.
The successful candidate will also act as a key product stakeholder of Sprinklr
- an enterprise Customer Experience Management platform
The first few months on the job will see the Advisor, Social Media engaged in day-to-day social community management, defining and training out a social media management strategy and resources.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develop, execute and optimize a social media management strategy aligned to commercial and organizational objectives;
- Actively participate in online conversations and communities with the goal of growing our social followings, increasing engagement and strengthening brand reputation;
- Ensure Traveller Support agents have the skills, materials and support they need to succeed in providing consistent, on-brand digital traveller support via social communities and digital channel;
- Adopt innovative approaches to generating demand and engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc;
- Monitor brand sentiment and manage reputation on both owned/unowned channels, surfacing insights, flagging risks and identifying opportunities for growth/improvement;
- Act as the product owner of Sprinklr
- an enterprise Customer Experience Management platform
- learning everything there is to know about the tool and making recommendations on how to leverage it to deliver engagement at scale;
- Identify opportunities to improve traveller experience and access to traveller support through automation, workflow optimization and content development;
- Create, develop and edit content for the blog, with an eye to SEO, SEM and paid social best-practices and impacts;
- Participate in content marketing planning and creation for owned social channels as required;
- Think outside of the box to work with the marketing team and creative agency on shareworthy social campaigns that stimulate demand for travel and meaningful brand engagement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS :
- A degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field;
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a community management, social media marketing;
- Demonstrated technical, conversational and/or copy writing and editing skills with a proven ability to write quickly and succinctly, often within tight timelines;
- Strong creative problem-solving abilities by demonstrating the knack for anticipating potential issues and developing mitigation plans;
- Social and Tech-savvy with an understanding of CX best practices and a passion for leveraging technology to optimize engagement and support at scale;
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills; must be able to handle a fast-paced work environment with multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines;
- Data-driven and results-oriented with the ability to translate data into actional insights and incremental improvements in real time;
- A general ?knack' for technology
- able to pick up new software and tools quickly;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and document management systems is required;
- Experience working with Sprinklr or a similar enterprise level social media management tool is considered an asset;
- Familiarity with Helpdesk tools, such as Freshdesk and Zendesk, and AI-support tools like chat bots, considered an asset;
- Experience with headless CMSs such as Contentful, considered an asset.
Let's talk dollars and cents.
At Swoop, we're committed to offering a fair and competitive total compensation package that starts with a solid base salary, and complemented by perks like performance based profit sharing, a company-matched savings plan, flexible group benefits and of course, flight privileges.
WE CELEBRATE DIFFERENCES AND DIVERSITY.
Swoop is an equal-opportunity employer, and our workplace culture is one where diversity and differences are embraced, appreciated and celebrated. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, transgender status, marital or family status, disability, age or convictions for which a pardon has been granted.