We are in the people business, dedicated to helping Canadian companies and their valued employees. At People Corporation we make a difference in the lives of more than one million Canadian employees and their families, by providing employee group benefits, wellness solutions, group retirement and pension solutions, and HR services.
Based out of our Winnipeg location, the Business Development Representative (BDR) will be a leading contributor of organic growth to the company.
Business Development Representatives (SDRs) are responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities in Target Accounts for their regional Account Executives. The SDR will become a trusted resource and develop relationships with prospects, acting as the initial point of contact. This role will be primarily focused around researching the Target Accounts in your territory and performing outreach through emails, calls, and social media.
- Promoting and marketing People Corporation through extensive and persistent cold calling, emails and communication(s) to prospective clients
- Scheduling Initial Prospecting Meetings for the Consulting teams
- Providing in depth information to the Sales team to enable the most qualified and productive demos
- Researching and evaluating additional leads/prospects through web research
- Meet or exceed assigned quota of a minimum activity levels
- Working with the BD Director & Regional Benefits consultants to support the acquisition of new accounts in the region
- Help as needed to build awareness on special projects / events
- Maintaining all contacts/opportunities and recording all progress in Salesforce
- 1+ years of progressively responsible marketing, inside sales or business development related sales experience (preferred)
- Proven track record demonstrating strong articulation of a product selling points via phone and email
- Ability to assist in coordinating sales functions including prospecting and leads research
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deal with rejection
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with excellent listening skills
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues clearly
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Outreach.io, is an asset