Avenue Living is recruiting for a L&D Technical Writer to join the Organizational Effectiveness team. Since our inception in 2006, we have become one of Canada's largest privately held real estate investment and management companies with over $1.7 billion in assets under management in the residential, commercial, agricultural and storage spaces. In support of meeting growing requests for training in a continually evolving environment, the Organizational Effectiveness team is currently seeking a L&D Technical Writer to assist with developing training materials and keeping existing documentation current.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Create learning content in collaboration with the OE team, stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
- Develop gathered content into multi-medium training materials following standard design principles, in-house templates and style guides.
- Document new processes and procedures as directed to support OE training initiatives.
- Revise existing documentation as needed to keep information current and maintain version control.
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts and research material for various operational projects
- Participates in peer to peer reviews to ensure consistency, quality, and appropriate use of course content guidelines.
- Applies understanding of the business, its products and processes in order to reshape content for changing needs.
- Serves as a resource to OE team members.
- Assist with developing
- Graphical skills
- eLearning courses and training workbooks that content objectives, outcomes, and test assessments to evaluate comprehension of training materials.
- Revise existing procedures, work instructions, presentations, and other materials for a variety of audiences.
- Uploading and updating content on websites
- Work in conjunction with the Information Architect and Lead Facilitator to develop
- Create and edit process narratives and maps.
- Assist with proofreading and editing content.
- Staying on track of scheduled projects to completion dates.
- Assist with facilitation and train-the-trainer sessions.
- Assist with gathering content.
- Utilizing our Learning Management System (LMS) and other platforms related to training
- Utilize and maintain document storage system.
- Drafting communications and providing administrative support.
- Working closely with the Information Architect, Lead Facilitator and Director of Organizational Effectiveness to develop and update training curriculum and content.
- Providing statistics and data to the OE Coordinator, managing documentation within the Avenue Living University platform, and working with SharePoint documents.
- Leading and participating in OE team meetings to identify gaps and trends in training, and offer suggestions for improving the curriculum, content, and delivery
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the three roles and act as a resource to our business partners
- Providing hands-on training and additional support (Via virtual sessions and/or face-to-face).
- participating in OE team meetings to identify gaps and trends in training, and offer suggestions for improving the curriculum, content, and delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Completed post-secondary education in related field (communications, technical writing, instructional design); 3 years work experience; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Visio, and SharePoint required.
- Design experience with Articulate 360 and Camtasia considered an asset.
- Knowledge of learning theory and adult education principles.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and accurately.
- Detail-oriented and possess analytical problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a willingness to learn and quickly adapt.
- Experience with Yardi Property Management Software considered an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation and travel expenses covered
- Profit sharing options
- Manulife Group health and dental benefits
- Opportunity to make a real impact on the organization and improve employee performance
- Exciting opportunities for career progression, in a rapidly growing, dynamic organization