Business Solutions Manager
Join a team that shares your passion and enthusiasm for Canadian agriculture! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking and dedicated individual to bring their grain industry insight and innovative solution service skills to this critical role as Business Solutions Manager (BSM) based in Winnipeg, MB.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
P&H's roots go back over 110 years, and we have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 70 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain trading, handling and merchandising, as well as crop inputs, flour milling and feed mills.
As the BSM, reporting to the VP of Finance, you will provide direction and leadership to the Business Solutions & Support Team. The BSM will be responsible for managing the overall operations of the software solution support delivery teams who support over 700 users across Canada in more than 10 applications.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Provide leadership and guidance to Business Solutions & Support Team (BSST).
- Develop an overall BSST Strategy and plan to support the Grain Division's software use, through procedure development, training and software enhancements for over 10 system applications;
- Establish strong business relationships with managers and vendors to effectively support software applications and use of software;
- Support business change requests and P&H development projects to improve business processes and efficiencies;
- Manage and coordinate system release schedules
- Oversee the system integrations team to maximize system performance and support new integrations;
- Manage first and second level service desk teams supporting software user needs;
- Oversee the Training Development team which develops and delivers training solutions for business users on software and processes;
- Build a collaborative team environment where teams communicate and support each other to deliver on their goals and meet business needs;
- Ensure vendor software agreements, licensing and annual maintenance agreements are adhered to;
- Analyse and report the overall quality and effectiveness of the team;
- Maintain budgets and effectively manage the department PL;
- Develop, maintain and revise as necessary Test Plans and Regression Analysis for all pieces of software along with Release Schedules.
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- Post secondary focus on Business, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 3 years in supervisory position;
- Minimum 3-5 years working in a technical solutions delivery team:
- Proficient leadership and motivational skills to lead a mid-size team of approx. 12 professionals;
- Experience with various software development and solutions; Specifically Agrosoft, Maximizer and Jira would be considered an asset;
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments;
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships through strong interpersonal skills;
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, within all levels of the organization;
- Strong negotiation and consensus building skills
- Proven problem solving ability with eagerness to learn;
- Agricultural industry knowledge strongly preferred:
- Some travel is required;
To apply, please visit our career website: https://parrishandheimbecker.com/company/careers/. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Powered by JazzHR