WHO WE ARE
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
WHAT WE OFFER
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we've infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we're growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Sales & Marketing Representative, Western Commodity Lumber based at our Metrotown corporate office in Burnaby, BC. The Sales & Marketing Representative will be responsible for managing sales for a geographic area, product line or mill that involves major customer accounts for our Western Commodity Lumber group. This individual will negotiate contracts, manage credit, and develop pricing strategies to maximize sales returns and mill margins.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Achieve sales targets and minimize inventory:
- Work with mill staff and logistics to forward sell production.
- Sell developing accumulations to minimize inventories, work with mill and customers to develop programs that limit accumulations.
- Develop and implement sales strategies that maximize mill margins.
- Achieve segment and customer distribution targets.
- Understand customer needs and collaborate with mill staff and Product & Market Development team to develop programs or products that meet customer expectations.
- Identify and analyze market trends.
- Develop strategies and programs to capitalize on new trends.
- Develop new accounts.
- Ensure corporate credit standards are maintained.
- Learn sales administration and sales processes by completing rotation within the Western Commodity Sales & Marketing office.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- Post-secondary education is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of lumber sales experience.
- Experience selling into both US and Canadian markets.
- Ability to travel within Canada and the US for customer visits and/or trade shows.
- Detailed knowledge of North American lumber market, experience with multiple species is an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Lumbertrack experience is a benefit.
- Bring a high degree of honesty and integrity to all situations.
- Strong communicator and decision maker with the ability to establish and maintain strong business and professional relationships.
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency and flexibility to work until the job is done.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Detail and results oriented.
INTERESTED IN BEING A PART OF OUR TEAM? APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.INTERFOR.COM/CAREERS
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.