We require a mid-level UX/UI designer to work directly with stakeholders across both business and technology to define the user experience for Citi Velocity, Citi Market's client facing portal. The candidate will drive and implement the design strategy across content and communication services as it evolves with the changing demands of the business. They will work with business partners to understand the desired internal and external client interactions and propose creative interface design solutions that leverage the latest technologies whilst ensuring they stay consistent with the overall brand strategy and common UI/UX components. They will create user interface designs for new products, including all related artifacts while helping define best practices for look & feel. Additional responsibilities will include working with the business in the creation of marketing and promotional materials.
PRODUCT AND BUSINESS OVERVIEW
As one of the Global Markets' key initiatives, Citi Velocity Web and Mobile brings together Citi's global footprint with best in class technology, giving our institutional clients unprecedented access to our capital markets research, commentary, data, analytics, proprietary models and services across asset classes.
Citi Velocity is the number one ranked client portal platform in the Institutional Investor's All-America and All-Europe Surveys.
The candidate's primary responsibility will be to work with business analysts and stakeholders to design complex analytic heavy applications on web desktop and mobile channels in an agile environment. Their secondary focus will be to support the sales team with visual design assets to assist in product marketing efforts.
The user base consists of thousands of employees and institutional clients. In particular, we are looking for world-class candidates to work with our traders, strategists, sales, quants and marketing teams to create the firm's differentiating client-facing applications.
Qualified candidates should be enthusiastic, highly motivated and very detail-oriented individuals with the ability to work in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Understand user workflow/interactions and translate to interaction design & visual interface design
- Build out wireframes, mockups, low and high-fidelity prototypes and final production visuals for various platforms (web, mobile, application)
- Create marketing and other promotional materials
- Collaborating on user experience planning with a lead experience architect
- Researching interaction design / technology trends
- Portfolio of related work (high fidelity mockups, wireframes, visual design assets, etc.)
- Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Extensive experience as a Product or User Experience designer in an agile development environment.
- Experience rapidly prototyping new products and features.
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems.
- Experience designing marketing materials for digital products.
- Expert level proficiency in latest UX design tools (Sketch, Figma, XD, Invision, etc.) and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Nice to have: wireframe tools (Balsamiq, Fireworks, Axure, etc)
- Nice to have: iOS or Android development
- General knowledge of Capital Markets products.
- Required: 5+ years of experience with User Interface and User Experience design
- Required: Excellent attention to detail to flesh out and design concepts and in depth functionality.
- Required: Ability to work with ambiguity and desire to organize and make functionalities clear and easy to use.
- Required: Candidates must be versed in user-centered design methods and techniques.
- Nice to have: Bachelor's degree preferred in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction; Design Planning; Graphic Design; Communications; Economics.
- Nice to have: Technical development or system design background. Knowledge or experience working in markets, trading and finance.
- 5-8 years experience in an IT project leadership role with commensurate people management experience.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group: Technology
Job Family: Technology Project Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi?) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting