A career at TransLink and our family of companies means working with people with a wide range of skills and perspectives, all teaming up towards a common goal: preserving and enhancing the region's world-envied quality of life. Together, we connect the region and enhance its livability by providing a sustainable transit and transportation network, embraced by our communities and people.
At TransLink we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace, recognizing the unique value and skills every individual brings.
Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can make a difference in a vibrant city? At TransLink, one of BC's Top Employers, you'll help make Metro Vancouver a better place to live, built on transportation excellence. Put your future in motion!
- Develops and implements electronic communications content for the corporate and travel information pages of TransLink's websites based on corporate standards guidelines.
- Integrates social media and mobile communications with the website and promotes growth of all electronic media as a unified TransLink web brand.
- Conducts research and analysis, gathers information, writes articles and stories, edits content, and adapts material to online format, tone, voice and style.
- Conducts quality assurance checks of website content and graphics.
- Assists in ensuring the integrity of the Content Management System by facilitating technical troubleshooting.
- Provides one-on-one training and workshops on CMS to staff and new developers.
- Assists in writing and editing of other marketing pieces, participates in planning the marketing of the website, keeps pace with developments in web content usability and makes recommendations for improvements.
Requires Grade 12 graduation plus additional post secondary marketing, communications and on line publishing courses including basic internet development languages (HTML).
Requires two (2) years of experience in marketing and communications including writing and copyediting in an on-line environment, basic design and layout, content management, web based communications, including social networking and collaborative online communications, user interface and content navigation. A further period of up to six (6) months in the position is required to become familiar with TransLink and its subsidiaries' business, culture, target markets, policies, procedures and standards.
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
37.5 hours per week.
This is a temporary full-time position.
Rate of Pay
Salary starting from $4,963 per month.
The Total Compensation Package includes Extended Health, Transit Pass and enrollment in the Public Service Pension Plan upon eligibility. Focus on your development through training, and mentorship programs. Enjoy a variety of health and wellness programs, including access to gym facilities. Speak to us to know more about what we offer.
How to Apply
Please click the 'Apply' button at the top right corner
of the page or go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Posting Date: 17 November 2020
Closing Date: Open until filled
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email us.