Requisition ID: 91781
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
This role is focused on pushing and growing the retail design system for Scotiabank. The right person for this role will be skilled in visual design, interested in the world around them, and will fit within a collaborative work environment that encourages ideas and contributions from all team members. The Graphic Designer must have the ability to take in a wide range of briefs, think strategically, work within design guidelines, and understand constantly be focus on the end user of their designs.
This position holds accountability for executing on visual design, as follow:
- You are a highly practiced visual designer who has a passion for simplicity, clean and modern designs
- You rely on your innate set of user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals-from concept to execution-across multiple print and digital mediums.
- You excel at translating creative briefs and insights into beautiful communication pieces and campaigns
- You can handle a wide range of projects with short and long timelines
- You are a relationship builder and are comfortable incorporating ideas and inspiration from multiple sources
- You have first-hand experience working with print-production and are skilled at prepping files for print
- You can design within a brand guideline, while still pushing it into new areas and keeping it fresh
- You are constantly looking for new sources of inspiration and are committed to incorporating new ideas while maintaining brand consistency
- You can present your own work to all stakeholders involved in the project
- You are open, persuasive, engaging and love to have a good laugh
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design or the visual arts
- Ability to innovate within existing brand guidelines to build branded and creative assets for presentations, print materials and digital signage as required
- Post-secondary education in Design, Communications, the Fine Arts or a related field.
- A demonstrable portfolio of work which showcases your stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and which balances beauty and clear communication design skills
- High level of proficiency in Adobe CC (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage your own time efficiently, without direct input or oversight
- Ability to balance great design with short and sometimes uncomfortable deadlines.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.