The Communications Services within the Office of Advancement is currently seeking five Full-time Limited Term Junior Specialist, Communications
The Communications Articling Program gives new UCalgary grads the opportunity to develop professional communication skills. Specifically, new grads will learn content creation, user experience, design, project management, client service, key messaging, media management, eMarketing, and more while working with real clients in the departments of the Office of Advancement.
The Junior Specialist position will work directly with Senior Communication Specialists helping UCalgary clients. The work expected of this role includes client request intake, meeting project timelines, building email campaigns, creating CMS based websites, helping set project goals, writing content, and general communication support.
Through the Communications Articling Program, each Junior Specialist will be paired with an experienced communicator and given the opportunity to learn on the job through direct mentorship. Each Friday the Communications team will provide a new course to enable additional skills development. Throughout the two-year term, each Junior Specialist will be expected to put their course-based learning into effect to help UCalgary clients meet their business objectives.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Help write project briefs on behalf of UCalgary clients
- Build and maintain project schedules
- Help build and maintain eMarketing campaigns using tools like Marketo
- Adapt branded design templates for print and digital products
- Create briefing and speaking notes on behalf of UCalgary clients
- Work with Senior Communication Specialists to set goals and key messages for client projects
- Build websites using the UCalgary web system CMS
- Write content for internal and external facing projects
- General support for the Advancement Communications team
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- No professional work experience is required
- Undergraduate degree in a field related to Communications
- Interest in developing Communication skills
- Experience and enjoyment working in team settings, including team projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Dedication to continue growing through course-based and on the job training opportunities
- Willingness to experiment with new ideas and tools
Application Deadline: December 11, 2020
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit, and falls under the Specialist/Advisor Job Family, Phase I.
To find out more about management and staff opportunities at the University of Calgary and all we have to offer, view our Management and Staff Careers website.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY
- a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation's most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada's top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
The University of Calgary has launched an institution-wide Indigenous Strategy in line with the foundational goals of Eyes High, committing to creating a rich, vibrant, and culturally competent campus that welcomes and supports Indigenous Peoples, encourages Indigenous community partnerships, is inclusive of Indigenous perspectives in all that we do.
The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their professional success while they are here. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.