Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments' important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPP Investments) is a global investment organization working to help ensure the Canada Pension Plan will be there for future generations. We are committed to keeping our stakeholders informed about our mandate, our investing convictions and activities.
Accountability and transparency are the foundations upon which we build and protect CPP Investments' reputation as a prudent, sophisticated global institutional investor. We are seeking a communications professional to join our organization as Senior Advisor, Communications, based in Toronto, Canada.
Reporting to the Director, Investment Communications and Financial Reporting, in Toronto, and working closely with the entire Global Corporate Communications team who are located across Toronto, London and Hong Kong, the individual in this position will contribute to investment communications, financial reporting and media relations programs.
Investment communications - play a leading role in financial data gathering and assessment of how to share that information publicly. Manage the planning of disclosure of transaction announcements, adhering to CPP Investments' robust disclosure protocol. Write, review and proof communications materials, as required. Provide project management support to Global Corporate Communications team to ensure flawless execution of announcements. Disseminate company press releases via the newswire service.
Financial reporting programssupport the project management of the quarterly results, including developing and managing timelines, drafting materials and supporting the review process. Manage the updates to corporate materials on a quarterly basis.
- support the activities of the Media Relations program. Write, review and proof media briefing materials and other background documents for executives. Advise on the inclusion of data and financial materials. Monitor and track media coverage in real-time to identify emerging issues; create media compilations for transactions, financial results and CPP Investments-related issues; produce the quarterly media activity report. Successful candidate will have a dotted reporting line to the Director, Media Relations, based in Toronto.
- contribute to reputation management programs that enhance and protect CPP Investments' reputation, including maintenance of the database inventory for reputation risk assessments and production of quarterly reports. Conduct research to identify reputation considerations for global investment activities. Gather data and analyze challenges that emerge globally to assist in issues management activities.
Corporate Cultureexemplify the organization's Guiding Principles of high performance, integrity and partnership. Contribute to a team culture focused on flawless execution, quick response times and strong project/process management. Provide support and assistance to other team members and participate in department special projects.
- Communications professional with 3-5 years of related experience in a communications role.
- University degree, ideally in business, communications, media or an associated field of study.
- Strong project management skills to ensure the efficient, timely and best-in-class delivery of communications materials.
- Consistently deliver flawless and professional execution on all projects.
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Detail- and results-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office applications, particularly with PowerPoint.
- High-performing team player with a collaborative approach who actively steps up to add value to the business.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Genuine desire to learn and develop skills specifically in financial and investment communications.
- Ability to work across three global locations (Toronto, London and Hong Kong).
- Able to work flexible hours outside of core office hours as required.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.