To be innovative, you need courage. And being courageous is in our DNA. Sixty years ago, we started our business by insuring taxi drivers when no one else would. In 1997, we became the first car insurance company in North America to offer an online car insurance quote directly to consumers. We know that insurance is too important to be complicated. So, we work hard to make it simple for people to protect the things they care about. That's us. Insurance. Simplified.
We're looking for a Unit Manager to join our growing team!
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Unit Manager, Sales Direct Distribution will be a key member of the sales management team supporting the British Columbia market based out of our Vancouver office.
A successful Unit Manager will demonstrate clear leadership abilities; attract, develop and retain sales agents; and provide technical consultative support to the Sales & Service agents regarding customer service, sales, quality call and work processes.
- Provide leadership by engaging, coaching and motivating a team of 8-12 sales and service agents
- Actively contribute to customer service excellence and client retention by developing and recommending improvement initiatives
- Assist in the selection process of hiring employees that will deliver legendary customer service
- Maintain quality focus and recommend sales business process/workflow improvements
- Consistently meet or exceed call centre sales and service objectives
- Utilize technical and customer service skills to provide support to sales agents
- Assess employee performance and conduct formal performance appraisals
- Participate in industry or company sponsored initiatives as requested
- Minimum 2 years of Personal Lines Insurance experience
- BC General Level I insurance license
- BC General Level II insurance license preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma required
- Commitment to achieve CIP and FCIP preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to coach, motivate and develop staff
- Act as a change advocate and able to foster a positive working environment by providing ongoing support to staff through various change initiatives
- Adept in utilizing Windows applications and other programs simultaneously
- Superior communication and customer service skills with a drive for results
- Capable of adapting to a constantly changing environment
IMPORTANT NOTE: All candidates must be flexible to work 35 hours per week during our hours of operation 8:00am-6:00pm Monday to Friday, as well as be available to work some Saturdays and Statutory Holidays
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ?dress for your day' culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on December 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST.