Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 350 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We're marketers, communicators, and strategic pursuit partners who play an integral role in the development and execution of creative vision, innovative solutions, and business strategies. As trusted advisors, we collaborate with designers, engineers, scientists and project managers to drive projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Reporting directly to the Marketing & BD Manager, Community Development, the Senior Marketing Specialist (SMS) is responsible for supporting our Community Development practice throughout the US and Canada, on various marketing and communications projects, both internal and external. A key deliverable is promoting several technical services across all markets, including landscape architecture, planning, urban design, civil engineering, and geospatial services. The SMS will also be responsible for working with the CD leadership team to implement content marketing strategies, business plans, public relations plans, and client outreach strategies across the practice and for specific sub-sectors.. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, can manage multiple concurrent initiatives, and enjoys working with a diverse team and various management levels, both in person, virtually, and across geographies.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Produce marketing materials such as proposals, statement of qualifications, brochures, and client presentations
- Support leadership with various marketing & business development items, including account management, business planning and implementation, budgeting, and reporting
- Implement content marketing strategies, such as supporting blog creation and campaigns, trade publication articles, newsletters, and videos.
- Coordinate and provide strategy for national tradeshows/conferences, speaking abstracts, and award submittals
- Facilitate and produce webinars, both internal and external
- Craft internal and external communications
- Maintain and provide updates for sector website pages
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- Proficient in the use of Adobe creative apps, such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with CRM tools and content marketing platforms is a plus
- Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practices
- Ability to work effectively within a group as well as independently motivated
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, business, or related area
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a Marketing related position
- Experience in Community Development, Infrastructure, or Transportation industry is an asset
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Marketing and PR/Communications Professional
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 2000023T
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans