We're enthusiastic problem solvers. Our team members share their diverse skill sets, perspectives and experiences throughout our agency across our two locations in Winnipeg and Toronto.
Good relationships are built on trust. At Brandish, a good relationship between our agency and team comes from a clear understanding of shared expectations. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation days, great benefits, and autonomy over your work. You bring your best performance, an open mind, and ambition to engage.
Is This You?
Those who want to build, shape and grow their future with us will find Brandish's culture uniquely amenable. Those who need a career progression track that's clearly outlined and structured may find themselves struggling to find direction here. People who see Brandish as an opportunity to build something inside our company will thrive in our environment.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Director of Business Development (SDBD) to join our fast growing agency. The mission of this role is to be the driver in executing the agency's business development strategy, working closely with the executive team to identify, develop, coordinate and implement short-and long-term sales strategies and objectives designed to maximize business growth and opportunities for the agency. The ideal candidate has a track record of success in business development and driving expansion into new and existing markets and verticals. The SDBD is an authentic, collaborative, passionate and tenacious individual who has experience in consultative sales, channel development, strategic partnerships and international and national corporate accounts. Experience in the consulting, brand, marketing and/or advertising industry is a huge asset.
- Set the overall vision and strategic plan for business development within the agency
- Drive business development, sales, and revenue growth
- Shape, scale and lead the Business Development team
- Forecast and analyze sales performance metrics
- Develop and maintain an annual sales strategy based on agency targets
- Drive the annual growth of the agency in new markets, verticals, and sectors
- Understand the competitive landscape (strengths, weaknesses, benefits) and determine how to position the agency to win
- Recruit and develop a high performing team
- Drive operational practices to track performance of teams and individuals
- Work closely with Accounts, Ops, and Marketing to align on strategies and guide/implement internal processes (e.g., renewal forecasting, territory plans, and account opportunities)
- Own cross-functional initiatives to drive the agency's B2B strategy, alongside other leaders within the company
- Deliver transformational leadership and build a high functioning business development and sales practice within the agency.
Brandish Culture, What we look for:
- Solution-oriented. When you see a problem, you look to identify its root cause. You consider solutions before you bring the problem to others.
- Communication & Candor. You communicate effectively and directly in order to build trust with others quickly. You actively address challenges within working relationships when they come up.
- Thoughtfulness. You understand that every time you communicate is an important touchpoint, and you communicate thoughtfully with others.
- Action & Self Management. You are able to act proactively and are self motivated when approaching objectives and identifying roadblocks.
- Ability to Prioritize. You are able to differentiate between what needs your immediate attention, and what can be delegated to a future date. Once set, you are able to communicate your priorities to others effectively to onboard others as needed.
- Team-Oriented. You leverage team members to accomplish your objectives when needed, and you always come prepared to collaborate in order to make the most of your team's time.
Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum five years of direct B2B strategic sales or business development
- Extensive experience with strategic planning, market analysis and product development
- Operational leader with a strong track record of opening new markets and exceeding sales goals and selling complex enterprise solutions
- Highly creative in all aspects of business and demonstrated ability to drive profitable growth
- Knowledge of/experience with structured sales methodologies such as Strategic Selling, Solution Selling and Target Account Selling
- High energy, self-managed, hands-on, strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Very organized and methodical in approach
- Demonstrated track record of achieving sales and other targets
Want to apply for this job?
Our hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Apply here and tell us about yourself and your work!