- Analyses information needs, operational and functional requirements and produce various business analysis deliverables but not limited to process mapping, business requirements documentation, use cases and interface designs.
- Applies standard methodologies, business analysis techniques, business experience and understanding of municipal context in managing requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Identifies business requirements using various requirements elicitation techniques such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, observation, and interface analysis.
- Serves as the conduit between the stakeholder community and the relevant teams to ensure the streamlined flow of requirements.
- Researches, compiles and synthesizes information with regard to business analysis and process design/redesign methods, staying current on best practices, emerging technologies and analysis tools and techniques.
- Further develops the organization's approach to business analysis and process design/redesign including development of templates as well as implementation of best practices and modern methodologies.
- Leads and manages small to large scale IT projects including developing business cases, project plans, forecasts and monitors and controls through project throughout the project life cycle.
- Communicates with other organizational units within the Saskatoon Police Service, the City of Saskatoon, other police agencies, stakeholder groups or with vendors as it relates to the various project phases.
- Maintains professional project management skills, technical knowledge and skills as well as stays up to date on IT trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related discipline. College Diploma with commensurate experience in similar areas of study may be considered.
- Four to six years' experience in information services, including experience in business analysis, process design and defining strategic business and IT requirements for the delivery of IT initiatives.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid Certified Associate in Project Management certification.
- Possession of the Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification is considered an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of IT technologies and systems including development lifecycles, quality assurance, supporting practices, and methodologies.
- Thorough knowledge of business analysis methodologies, including best practices related to application development and quality assurance.
- Ability to pass the Saskatoon Police Service security clearance process.
- Ability to prepare and present reports/presentations of a specialized nature utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to document business analysis deliverables accurately and with a professional standard.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, and project management skills, including the ability to relate with all levels of the organization and external contacts.
$80,819.28 to $94,963.20 per annum (2019 rates)