Cambrian College's Marketing Department requires a full-time Marketing Video/Multimedia Production Specialist beginning January 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute video productions, collaborating with the marketing team and clients to determine project needs, scope, timeline, and ideas for creative direction.
- Create and present concept and/or storyboards.
- Coordinate all aspects of productions including production schedule, talent, costumes, props, interview questions, filming locations, equipment, on-set support, equipment set-up/tear-down, stage management, set decoration, lighting, and audio.
- Execute all post-production including editing, colour, sound, music, client feedback, captions, and exporting to proper specifications.
- Maintain a customer-service focus, building and maintaining contacts across College to facilitate access to film locations, talent, and props.
- Adhere to all health and safety procedures and protocols at on-campus and off-campus locations.
- Maintain and monitor content on the College's YouTube channel.
- Conduct market research and make recommendations for strategic directions, actively participating in creative planning sessions within the department and with clients. Research video trends within and outside of the postsecondary sector.
- Maintain currency on College programming, services, and target audiences as well as on latest software and applications related to video production. Research and recommend new resources or updates to current resources (equipment, subscriptions, etc.).
- Provide event/multimedia support by leading and/or supporting the planning and execution of live and pre-recorded broadcast productions. This includes setting production schedules, determining technical requirements and coordinating required resources, and fulfilling multiple production roles, including producer, director, stage manager, and technical support.
- A two-year postsecondary diploma in Television/Video/Multimedia Broadcast Production. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application *** education completed outside of Canada, applicants are required to submit a WES or ICAS with their application).
- Five years of experience leading the creation of high production videos, as well as less polished content for social media and other digital platforms.
- Experience creating video/multimedia content for diverse industries and clients.
- Excellent project management skills with experience taking projects from concept to finished product independently and with a team.
- Experience leading broadcast productions, including live events.
- Demonstrated skills in the operations of all production equipment required for video and broadcast productions.
- A solid understanding of current trends in video production, including social/digital platforms and how videos are consumed by different target audiences.
- Proficiency in relevant Adobe software including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Audition, with working knowledge of stock photo, video, and music.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism with excellent communication skills, good judgment and problem-solving skills, along with solid interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software such as Word and Outlook.
- Commitment to working within a team environment.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Available to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends when necessary.
- Experience in a postsecondary educational setting.
To be considered, candidates must provide the following as an attachment:
- Educational documents
- WES/ICAS Equivalence if degrees/diplomas are from a Non-Canadian University
Cambrian College offers the following benefits to full-time Support Staff employees:
- 15 Vacation Days (after one year of continuous service)
- Basic Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Care
- Vision Care
- Hearing Care
- Pension Plan
Optional Health Care Benefits
College employees can purchase the following benefit plans:
- Supplementary Life Insurance
- Employee Optional Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Spousal Optional Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Education and Technology Loan Plan
- Tuition Subsidy Program
- Higher Education Funding
- Technology Loan Plan
- Family Tuition Bursary Program
- Discounted Access to Fitness Facility/Fitness Classes
We also offer have a variety of employee discounts available at retailers