Director, Fundraising & Communications
Do you want to make an impact on the lives of newcomers in the Waterloo Region? Are you well connected leader in our community and looking to further the development of a non-profit organization? We are looking for a Director of Fundraising & Communication to join our Senior Leadership Team.
Reception House Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization that enables the successful resettlement of newly-arrived refugees by providing temporary accommodation and orientation, assistance securing permanent housing, ongoing settlement and intensive case management services.
The Director, Fundraising & Communications reports to the CEO and is a key member of the Senior Leadership Team. The Manager plays a vital role in growing the philanthropic revenue of Reception House Waterloo Region, and is responsible for donation processing, database management, stewardship support and foundation and proposal writing. Key relationships include liaising with the Senior Leadership Team on a regular and consistent basis.
Key tasks consist of developing, managing and implementing comprehensive fundraising strategies, including donor solicitation, marketing, grant writing and public relations activities, while building support for programs, services and activities.
Marketing & Communications
- Develop and drive a strategy that continues to build an exceptional communications and marketing plan. Provide authentic, inspiring leadership, mentoring and coaching to achieve articulated, measurable goals and objectives.
- Develop, lead and implement a comprehensive internal communications strategy to support a culture of excellence and connect team members to our reason for being.
Relationship cultivation and grant strategy
- Find grants, align with organizational funding gaps
- Write grant applications
- Build relationships with donors and align donor objectives with internal programs/objectives
- Oversee the relational database for the organization, so that it is an up-to-date, reliable and accurate resource and tool according to the organization's policies and procedures.
- Build and modify queries and analysis options including donor trending, retention reporting, and analysis of donation levels.
- Design, create and extract reports as needed in support of all campaigns
Gift Processing & Financial Analysis
- Manage gift entry process on a timely basis.
- Ensure the timely and accurate printing of tax receipts and gift acknowledgement letters.
- Initiate appropriate stewardship activities
- Reconcile all donation receivable accounts on a regular basis in conjunction with Finance
- Support financial and target goals reporting, month end close (expenses, revenue, expected donations receivables), forecasting and budgeting (including weekly cash flow and annual fund reporting)
- Travel within Waterloo region required
- Valid Driver's License and access to a vehicle
- Mobile office.
Required Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Communications or business with at least three years fundraising experience; Fundraising designation would be an asset
- Demonstrated gift processing, finance, or database management experience .
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
- Superior written communication and proposal writing skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably, tactfully, professionally and effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituencies and stakeholders, including volunteers, donors, staff, and community members.
- Excellent organizational, research and project management skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)