At Aecon, we're building the future and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We're always looking for exceptional talent to work on our exciting and ever-expanding project portfolios. We are focused on being the #1 Canadian Infrastructure Company and the first choice employer in our industry.
Safe. Trusted. Respected.
Aecon Civil is a market leader with a self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We're proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada's infrastructure and transportation networks, and we're ready to build the future of our country. With over a century of experience, and the ability to offer diverse, comprehensive services, Aecon is a preferred contractor for our clients. This includes numerous public entities and Public-Private Partnerships in Canada and abroad.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, Communications Coordinator will be working on an exciting civil infrastructure project in Delta, BC. The Coordinator will be an integral part of the Communications and Community Relations team in support of the Clients's overall communication objectives and engagement for the Project.
- Tracking and supporting the execution of the client's communications and engagement requirements.
- Developing and maintaining strong, customer-focused relationships with stakeholders.
- Working collaboratively with team members to ensure communications are accurate and connect with specific audiences.
- Providing communication and logistic coordination for engagement and other special events.
- Coordinate client and other stakeholder meetings, create meeting materials and minutes as required.
- Coordinate, track and respond to public and other stakeholder enquiries.
- Performing other duties as required.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- A postsecondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent.
- 3-4 years of progressive experience in a communications role.
- Working knowledge of construction methods, building systems and terminology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and sound decision making.
- High level of detail orientation, organizational skills, and the ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential information.