What is the opportunity?
- Reporting to the Regional Director, Corporate Communications
- British Columbia, the Communications Advisor will work collaboratively to support building and implementing communications plans and strategies for internal and external audiences.
- This role also contributes positively to RBC's reputation in British Columbia and Canada in a back-up capacity for media relations. It's an opportunity to be your best self and demonstrate your communications prowess!
What will you do?
- Provide day-to-day tactical support to the Corporate Communications Department in BC and the broader BC Region as required.
- Research, write and edit materials that support RBC's internal and external communications program in BC, including online and social media content.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the BC Region's Employee Intranet site. Duties would range from administration (posting and editing) to developing engaging, relevant content that support business and employee engagement priorities. In addition, provide research and analytics around internal usage metrics.
- Support Town Halls and other employee-facing (virtual or in-person) events through the preparation of presentations, surveys, writing and editing coordination and other related briefing materials.
- Support the development of proactive posts for social media channels, proactively assess social media environment (competitor and trends) and amplify opportunities.
- Provide general support to the Regional President, BC as well as the BC Senior Management Team and BC Regional Office Team through photography and videography coordination.
- Coordinate with other Regional and National Office Communications Teams as required.
- Minimum of three to four years' experience in the communications profession, preferably with exposure to both internal AND external communications.
- University degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or related discipline. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Pro-active media relations experience and knowledge of media. Experience in or knowledge of financial services industry considered an asset but not mandatory.
- Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills, attention to detail, and familiarity with Canadian Press Style Guide and writing for the web.
- High level of computer literacy and familiarity with website content management systems, digital and social media, Photoshop and video editing software (i.e. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier).
- Hands-on experience in managing social media channels, including creation of engaging posts and supporting track record.
- Regional Director, Corporate Communications
- Regional Director, Marketing, Community & Corporate Citizenship
- Regional Director, Diversity & Inclusion
- Leaders of Internal Business Partners (Integrated Market & Partner Teams)
- BC Regional Office Team
What's in it for you?
- Join a terrific team and culture! We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing culture
- Meaningful opportunity to make a difference and lasting impact in the Corporate Communications program at RBC!
At RBC, the health and wellbeing of our employees and candidates is always our top priority.
COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. Our recruiters will explain how our video-interview technology will be used throughout the recruitment process, and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
You will be given the opportunity to work from home, if you can be fully productive, and role requirements including regulatory obligations can be satisfied. We are committed to supporting flexible work arrangements, investing in technology or other resources to enable you to work from home effectively, wherever possible.
Health & Safety
For employees that may be required to work from our premises, we're doing our part to safeguard your health, and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All RBC premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 1055 West Georgia Street
- 36th Floor
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Regional Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 12/31/2020
Req ID: 300396
Platform: Personal & Commercial Banking