Do you have a passion for fashion and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? To you take pride in successfully handling many projects and meeting time-lines simultaneously? Are you recognized and known for your excellent customer service skills whereby you are interacting with customers (both internal and external) on a regular basis?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, keep reading because the Sales and Customer Support Coordinator position at Bishop, an Edwards Company, may be for you. Located in the heart of East Vancouver, Bishop Custom Clothing specializes in designing and manufacturing custom apparel and uniforms for some of North America's leading corporations and creative agencies since 1997. Bishop thrives in a space where "Madison Avenue meets the creation of world class custom apparel."
We are currently looking for a supportive, positive, hardworking and detail-oriented individual who is excited to join our growing team.
The Sales and Customer Support Coordinator is responsible for enhancing the experience of customers and driving sales by providing proactive sales assistance and support to customers and company sales representatives. The ideal candidate must have a passion for fashion and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have the capability of simultaneously handling many projects and timelines. You will be responsible for assisting in managing customers and assisting with daily office management tasks. You are a flexible and supportive team player who understands a small business requires a wide variety of tasks to be completed within tight deadlines and you are willing to put your full effort behind helping us succeed. Ideally, you will have past experience in the promotional or apparel industry and have key understanding of apparel and decoration options. However, we are happy to train the right candidate who is a quick learner, is eager, and a who is a team player who wants to be taught about our unique niche in the apparel and promotional industry.
Here's what you can expect in the way of specific job duties and responsibilities as well as time allocation estimates:
Customer Service/Sales Support (80%)
- Regularly answers promptly to customer service inquiries and e-mails ensuring effective communication at all levels of the design and manufacturing process and provides pro-active, friendly and professional service.
- Partners with and assists Sales Representatives and Executives with communications to their customers and drives revenue growth through the use of sales and customer service skills and techniques.
- Helps to qualify sales opportunities by making inquiries to customers about the specifics of their situation to determine if the parameters for order size and required delivery timing can be met by our team.
- Efficiently and accurately handles daily shipping and tracking of samples to the customers and factories, including international shipping, customs documentation, and sample returns.
- Works with factories to obtain pricing and then calculates and provides formal quotes to the client utilizing the applicable company pricing mark-up schedule.
- Keeps accurate records and documents customer service actions and discussions.
Administrative Support (20%)
- Assist with daily office management tasks, ordering supplies, and supporting the Director of Customer Sales and Support.
- Invoice, data entry and order entry support
To be successful in this role, you need to have the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred (apparel)
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a customer service role (apparel)
- MUST be fluent in English, able to speak, read and write
- Must be proficient with MS Office programs and Adobe Illustrator knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure with tight deadlines and must be able to provide a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrates proactive problem-solving skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi task and can easily adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Must be flexible and able to take direction and have a willingness to learn.
- Knowledgeable in apparel and decorating techniques (screen print, heat transfers, embroidery etc) is a plus
- Hours: Full-time, permanent position (minimum 40 hours per week)
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Our ideal Sales and Customer Support Coordinator would carry out their responsibilities while displaying the following key behavioral competencies:
- Precision Result Focused
- Focused on consistently achieving accurate results that maximize the customer experience.
Supportive/Helpful CommunicatorCommunication is supportive and helpful, making the customer feel at ease. Promptly provides the necessary information to team members and stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of programs. Adaptability/Action OrientationAdapts to the needs of business as they occur. Proactively handles surprises and takes quick action to resolve unexpected issues while still accomplishing accurate and timely completion of projects; prioritize and drive activities with urgency. Relationship Developer
- Proactively develops and nurtures customer relationships to ensure customer's comfort level and expectations are sustained.