- Vancouver, BC
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that all Hyper Hippo Entertainment (HHE) employees are working remotely for the time being due to COVID-19, as the health & safety of our employees and their families is extremely important to us. Due to this, we're currently having all new hires begin work with us remotely rather than in our office locations.
Our Content and Production team is a collection of motion graphic designers, graphic artists, and social media professionals. This team handles the creation and production of all marketing materials, social media content, and occasionally assists in the development of games products.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Motion Graphics Designer who will play a pivotal role in the development of social content, marketing advertising, UA (user acquisition) campaigns, and 2D animation. You have experience and a mastery understanding of the motion graphics production pipeline and can work quickly and efficiently while fitting into our teams tight timelines.
A Motion Graphics Designer's Impact
- Monitor the latest trends in format, channel, and tech within the motion graphics industry
- A mastery level of understanding of the software and hardware required including After Effects, Photoshop, Trapcode, 2D animation, lighting techniques, and cinematography
- A mastery understanding of short form animation, including GIFs
- A mastery understanding of 2D character animation
- Understanding and ability to tell a story
- Storyboarding to develop scenes that require animation
- Submit final files on or before required deadlines
- Database and file management organization
- Execute all editing, sizing, coloring, and retouching needs across deliverables
- Execute on all creative deliverables as briefed in through the editorial process
- Redrawing characters in new poses as necessary is an asset not but required
Your Track Record Includes
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong portfolio and demo reel
- Produced content for a variety of publications
- Full understanding of character rigging softwares such as Duik or Rubber hose
- Media or agency background
- Ability to design short form video from reference photos with a quick tight turnaround
- Possess a strong eye for type and layout in design
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively and very quickly
- Solution orientated under pressure, in fast-paced environment with quick turnarounds
Bonus Points For
- Proficiency of Cinema 4D
- Traditional illustration and drawing skills
- Mobile game industry background
- Understanding of the game engine
- Competitive salary
- Extraordinary incentive plan
- Extended health, dental & vision benefits
- a health & wellness spending account
- 3 weeks vacation
- 10 paid personal/sick days per year
- Annual self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training
- you name it!
Our Core Values
- We Are Bold
- We Are One Team
- We Are Player-First
- We Are Creative
- We Are Transparent
- We Are Futuristic
What We're Building at Hyper Hippo Entertainment
Hyper Hippo is an award-winning entertainment studio, driven to entertain, connect, and inspire billions of fans around the world.
Founded in 2012, by the creator of Club Penguin, Lance Priebe, Hyper Hippo is the studio behind the smash-hit idle games, AdVenture Capitalist (with 50+ million players), and AdVenture Communist
- a cult mobile hit.
Headquartered in Canada, with studios in Kelowna, Vancouver, and Seattle, Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptionally creative team that is relentlessly focused on innovating and exploring new forms of entertainment.