DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and implements strategies that build and sustain our brand, achieve short- and long-term objectives, and increase awareness of Heritage Park's charitable status and unique mission;
- Ensures integration of all marketing and communications activities in support of enterprise objectives and works with other leaders to reach specific business and fundraising targets;
- Directs media and social media strategies to amplify our messaging, engage diverse audiences and drive outcomes;
- Conducts regular market research to assess the effectiveness of brand and marketing activities;
- Leverages data to create strategy and manage performance;
- Contributes to senior team's understanding of emerging opportunities and issues and helps develop proactive strategies that strengthen stakeholder relations, attract new support, and realize long-term goals;
- Ensures consistent presentation of the brand externally and internally;
- Provides direction and support to the Marketing and Communication teams, including coaching, supervision and professional development;
- Represents the Park with outside organizations and committees (i.e. Travel Alberta, Calgary Attractions, Tourism Calgary, etc.);
- Ensures compliance with Heritage Park and industry standards, regulations and laws; and
- Acts as Duty Manager as required.
- A university degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field;
- 10+ years' experience in a senior management/leadership capacity in Marketing and Communications, ideally in the tourism/attractions industry;
- Demonstrated experience in building, managing and leading multiple, high-performance teams;
- Proven ability to create and deliver marketing and communication activities that achieve significant results;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral; an effective storyteller;
- Advanced knowledge of digital marketing and communication strategies, principles and techniques; and
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment and balance multiple priorities.
Send by email via Isarta or mail to 1900 Heritage Drive SW, Calgary, AB T2V 2X3 or fax (403) 268-8554.