ABOUT THE ROLE
Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with skilled and supportive teammates. We are currently accepting resumes from dedicated and energetic individuals who are looking for a challenging and rewarding career as a Service Writer at our Calmont Equipment location in Bobcat of Edmonton.
As a Service Writer, your primary responsibility is to manage the day-to-day administrative and clerical functions of the service department. As the first point of contact, you will represent the service department and the company to our customers.
Some of the job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting and assisting all customers that enter the service area.
- Addressing customer inquiries in person, through email, or on the phone.
- Acting as liaison between the service department and customers.
- Contacting customers when extra work is required ensuring that work is authorized.
- Continually following-up on status of repairs to ensure equipment will be ready when promised.
- Advising customers of status of repairs and any delays if unit will not be finished when promised.
- Working with service personnel to provide accurate quotes on costs of repairs.
- Providing work orders to Shop Foreman for scheduling.
- Reviewing all work orders to ensure all charges are fair, equitable, properly documented, and shop supplies are accounted for.
- Ensuring all work orders are closed in an expeditious manner. Perform other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1-year Customer Service experience.
- 5 years prior Service Department technical experience or mechanical background preferred.
- Energetic and friendly with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and organize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail with the drive to meet tight deadlines.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
If you are committed to excellent customer service and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you! At Calmont, we believe in a healthy work-life balance and we are pleased to offer a competitive compensation package, along with a first class benefits package for the correct individual.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.