The Business Development Representative is responsible for driving and supporting the growth of SECUREs Environmental Solutions Division by identifying and maximizing business opportunities with existing and potential clients in the Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Ontario region. The Business Development Representative will support efforts to grow all business in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Ontario areas.
SECUREs Environmental Solutions division provides fully integrated services supporting the industrial, mining, energy, resource, pipeline, and civil construction industries throughout Western Canada and in North Dakota, United States. We offer an integrated services approach to resolving client and environmental challenges, with a full spectrum of services spanning from remediation and reclamation, to pipeline integrity, Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM) management, integrated fluid solutions, to landfill management and operation, emergency response, demolition, decommissioning and asset retirement and recovery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Drive revenue growth and sustainability by maximizing business relationships/opportunities with existing and new clients
- Collaborate with internal operations teams to ensure ongoing account management support is provided to existing clients in order to ensure client satisfaction
- Establish and maintain community relationships within the Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Ontario region
- Prioritize business development efforts towards high-potential revenue generating opportunities and collaborate with internal operations teams to create strategies to increase revenue
- Consistently meet and exceed annual sales targets
- Utilize technical understanding to develop proposals and presentations for clients
- Undertake market, geographic, and competitor analysis for existing service lines
- Represent and promote SECURE at industry events and trade shows
- Promote SECURE Energy's full portfolio to address a client's existing challenges and future objectives
- Occasional travel as required
The individual in this role will have:
- At least 3-5 years in business development (sales) role specializing in civil construction, pipeline integrity digs, and reclamation/remediation work.
- Sales experience in mining, construction, demolition with establish contacts
- Post-Secondary Education in Environmental Science, Business Administration, Engineering or a related discipline would be considered an asset
- Must be an effective communicator and possess strong people, presentation and technical writing skills.
- Possess an understanding of the principles, methods, and strategies used for promoting and selling services.
- A strong commitment to safety and understanding of behavior-based safety culture
- Able to work independently
- Excellent selling, communication and strong customer relationship building skills
- Solid work ethic, self-motivated, able to work with very little supervision, and team oriented
- Self-motivated and driven, to stay ahead of new activity coming into area plus managing existing clients
- A valid driver's license and the ability to travel as required
- 5 years: Sales experience in mining, construction, demolition with establish contacts
- 5 years: Business Development (Sales) role specializing in civil construction, pipeline integrity digs, and reclamation/remediation work.
- Bachelors or better
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Drivers Licence (Class 5)
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Ability to Meet Timelines
- Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Customer Relationship Building
- Team Oriented
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility