Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
About the Role
In this role you will be working directly with the Canadian Vice President of Marketing & Communications in the delivery of Marketing and Communications initiatives support across the country! You will get the opportunity to be hands-on in driving a variety of projects, including digital marketing, internal communication, marketing collateral and special events support.
- Drive the end-to-end social media strategy; creating content, monitoring, and reporting in accordance with global brand and social media standards.
- Coordination of social media during special events.
- Conduct one-on-one LinkedIn profile building for sales producers.
- Special Events & Conferences
- Support public relations efforts; advertising and collateral material design, printing, production and distribution.
- Order marketing-related inventory including collateral, giveaways, booth/banners.
- Coordinate event logistics such as menu, venue coordination, material shipping. Knowledge of virtual event platforms is an asset.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the events and produce reports.
- Provide support to the VP with regards to media requests, drafting media briefs and maintaining media lists.
- Internal Communications
- Send out internal communications via Poppulo, Gallagher's internal communications platform.
- Own and distribute Gallagher's national newsletter.
- Play a key role in the management of employee LinkedIn group.
- Keep current Canadian Intranet pages.
- Coordinate translation projects.
- Working with the Corporate Digital Team, coordinate Website Unification Project.
- Coordinate edits with the Digital Team and act as Gallagher Canada's contact for internal partners.
- Marketing Planning & Collateral
- Work with the Personal Lines business vertical on their marketing activities as they relate to print and digital.
- Support Creative Lead with basic graphic design support.
What Will Make You Successful
- Your imaginative problem solving approach allows you to deliver no matter the challenges.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills enable you to develop deep relationships with clients and build synergy with colleagues quickly. People love working with you, and you with them!
- Always maintaining a keen eye for detail comes easy and is key part of what has made you successful in the past.
- Your project-management based approach enables you to stay organized and ensure quality is delivered on every project. Fast-paced environments bring
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field.
- 5 years experience in B2B marketing role and/or within the insurance industry required.
- A strong grasp of Social Media Marketing; able to build content, drive engagement and optimize across a variety of channels for a variety of audiences.
- Expert proficiency with the full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with Social Media Scheduling platforms (i.e. Oktopost or similar).
- Experience using InDesign is preferred.
- Familiarity using Workfront or other project management software/applications.
Travel: Some event attendance and/or travel may be required.
What we can offer you:
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and bonus plans. We offer benefits, including; medical/dental, life & dependent life, AD & D, pension/group savings plan, employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance programs, discounted gym membership, opportunity for flexible work hours, paid sick days, personal days, employee education recognition program, employee referral bonus program and more.
We love to have fun and cultivate an enjoyable working environment. We have an active social club along with a service recognition program which ensures we share and celebrate the successes of our employees along with rewarding our employees for their achievements. We offer a diverse learning environment that challenges you to build on your strengths and to create new ones. We provide career pathing and advancement opportunities for our hard-working and dedicated employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. As an equal opportunity employer we support and are happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.