Job Description :
Position: Senior Communications Advisor
- Full Time
Dept/Health System: Communications, Public Affairs and Partnerships
Site: Mississauga Hospital
Hours of Work/Shifts: Primarily Days: Monday
- Friday; on-call coverage rotation
Reporting to: Manager, Communications
Posted: December 14, 2020
Internal Deadline: December 28, 2020
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
At Trillium Health Partners (THP) we are committed to delivering a new kind of health care for a healthier community. To achieve this, we are working to connect more than ever before to our patients and families, our partners in the delivery of health care and to one another
- all 12,000 staff, physicians, volunteers, and students who work here at Trillium Health Partners. To support our mission of a new kind of health care for a healthier community, THP is looking for a Senior Communications Advisor to support initiatives across a diverse portfolio. These initiatives may include research and innovation, major projects (such as the new Hospital Information System), and overarching organizational brand, strategic goals and priorities.
The Senior Communications Advisor is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of high quality, internal and external strategic communications programs in support of the organization's strategic goals and priorities. The Senior Communications Advisor is a creative and strategic individual who has a broad range of experience with writing, editing, media relations, issues management, and digital media. The ideal candidate for this position will be an exceptional writer who can translate complex and technical information into clear and concise communications.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communications strategy development: Produce or oversee the production of communication materials including research, writing, editing, and creative conceptualization for various internal and external communication initiatives
- Project Management: develop detailed tactical communications plans aligned with the overall requirements of various internal projects/initiatives
- Provide strategic communication advice and counsel to internal clients, to support the development of strategic communication items
- Digital Strategy: Experience in understanding how to leverage digital technology solutions and incorporate digital, social and web strategies to support strategic communications plans
- Media Relations: Coordinate interactions with the media, develop engagement strategies and develop and maintain relationships
- Issues Management: Identify and investigate key issues facing the organization, develop briefing materials and key messages to support leadership
- Government and Community Relations: Build and maintain relationships with key government representatives and community groups to help promote the hospital and the work it is doing within the community.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- University degree in communications, public relations or journalism
- 7+ years of experience in communications and public affairs in progressively senior roles
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- strong writing, editing and production skills
- familiar with Canadian Press Style
- Background in media relations and healthcare policy
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills; excellent customer relations and client management skills; ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Proven experience in working with complex communications structures and programs at multiple levels of an organization, with the ability to manage multiple clients
- Creation and development of multiple strategic communication documents, including communication plans, memos, letters, newsletters, media releases, briefing notes and backgrounders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Results-oriented and client-focused with a commitment to excellence
- Strong conceptual skills; systems thinking and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Knowledge of the provincial government and MOHLTC is an asset.
- Experience in a healthcare environment is an asset
- Experience in communicating research, education and innovation is an asset
Position Location and Travel:
Travel among the 3 main sites of Trillium Health Partners
- The Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital and Queensway Health Centre
- will be required.
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.