As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Community Engagement, the External Communication Coordinator is responsible for the management and creation of a wide variety of communication campaigns and supporting materials in support of Bruyère's strategic goal to become a recognized leader in the delivery of quality care.
The Communication Coordinator will oversee Bruyère's external communication efforts in collaboration with the communication team, Research Institute and Bruyère Foundation including:
- Leading and executing on content strategy and creation for Bruyère's external communication platforms including the website, social media and advertisement space
- Creating digital (graphics and video) and written content for external audiences
- Overseeing the creation of content working with creative contractors
- Evaluating and reporting on the outcomes of communication efforts and pivoting as needed to ensure successful campaigns
- Working collaboratively with the communication team to ensure Bruyère's communication efforts are successful
- Supporting all activities of the communication team, as they evolve based on the needs of Bruyère and the people we serve, as an engaged team member
- The Communication coordinator is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- The Communication Coordinator is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or in a related field
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in communications preferably in a healthcare environment
- Fluent in both French and English
- writing, verbal and comprehension
- Experience working with creative contractors (an asset)
- Experience with media relations (an asset)
Key Competencies of the position
- High level project management acumen
- Graphic design and video production skills and driven to learning about and implement the latest trends in digital communications
- Strong writing skills
- Awareness of accessibility standards and best practices for digital content
- Demonstrated experience running successful communication campaigns
- Thrive on change and tight timelines
- Work well with small teams
- Ability to prioritize
- A creative, open and collaborative approach to solving problems and implementing projects
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Extra Information: