Vancouver, BC / Marketing /
As Traction on Demand's Director, External Relations and Marketing Communications, you are responsible for developing strategic external relationships to support the growth of our brand and business, as well as providing strategic communications guidance to our Marketing & Communication Managers. Your time would be focused on developing strategies and relationships specific to public relations, government and tech industry alliance groups, as well as implementing and executing on communication strategies, asset creation and the distribution of content to target audiences across our earned and owned media channels. This role will report to the VP of Marketing.
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here's what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong
- it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are
- do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand
- you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just ?git ?r done.?
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 7+ years experience in a marketing communications function, including leadership responsibilities
- Marketing degree or educational equivalent, including focus on communications and public relations
- Proven experience managing marketing and communication strategies, projects, campaigns and teams
- Exceptional writing, editing and formatting skills
- Ability to build authentic and meaningful relationships that drive value for the business
- Strong collaboration skills and a desire to learn from your peers
- Driven to tell an authentic and compelling story, through words and beyond
- Excited by the idea of doing things differently, valuing fun and creative ways to approach traditional challenges
What You Will Be Doing
Ultimately, your mission in this role is to make more friends and make better friends of the ones we've already got.
- Guiding the strategic direction of marketing communications to key audiences
- Supporting the development of subject matter experts on the topics and marketing technologies most relevant to our business
- Developing (in conjunction with Marketing Communications team) public and media relations plans and strategies
- Building strategic relationships with industry and professional associations
- Nurturing greater ties within the government and public sectors
- Supporting greater alignment with higher education institutions for skills development and recruitment
- Overseeing and building applications for strategic awards, key to the objectives of the business
- Supporting community investments including the distribution of nonprofit and organizational grants
The outcomes of each function are to benefit company growth through recruitment, brand amplification, community investments and demand generation.
How you will be successful in this role? Get to know the Traction brand
- our values, purpose, business and most importantly the people that make up the Traction on Demand community. Then, find the best places and ways to get our story out there to increase awareness and support the recruitment, demand generation and brand amplification needed to fuel the sustainable growth of our team, business and community.
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by using technology
- salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world's largest firms and not-for-profit organizations. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on successful completion of background and reference checks.
Apply NowTraction on Demand