PanGlobal Training Systems is a leading publisher of paper and web-based technical learning materials designed specifically for trades and energy technologies; all learning materials are validated by third-party regulatory and industry certifying bodies. We are owned by three Canadian polytechnics each whom have been developing and delivering technical learning materials since 1917. Collectively, these colleges have more than 15,000 students graduating from technical programs every year.
Our vision is to meet the needs of both the North American market and to supply effective learning materials to an ever-expanding global audience. We deliver the right products to meet your industry's needs, today, and in the future.
The Editor, Content Services reviews and edits technical documents for grammar, punctuation, comprehension, flow, tone, readability, reading levels, images, formats, and styles. This role involves mainly stylistic editing, copy editing, and proofreading; some structural editing may be required at times.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and edit technical documents for comprehension, flow, tone, grammar, punctuation, format, and styles according to corporate protocols and guidelines
- Rewrite text to adjust reading grade, readability, and comprehension, as appropriate, while maintaining the contextual integrity of the material
- Abide by project workflows and document filing conventions
- Collaborate with
Managing Editor on editing process
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure projects are moving forward and making progress
- Collaborate with Content Services team members
- Develop relationships with new and current Technical Writers and
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-Secondary Education in English or equivalent
- Experience in editing, Technical Writing, written communications, or other relevant program. A certification in one of these areas is an asset
- Minimum of two years working in a corporate office setting
- Experience in a publishing, educational, or training environment is an asset
- Effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Intermediate level expertise in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Bridge, Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop) an asset
- Attention to detail
- Able to focus for long periods on technical written materials
- Accountable and results oriented
- Able to prioritize work and manage interruptions
- Self-directed with a high degree of initiative
- Effective working independently and collaborating with others
- Strong work ethic
- Confident with a passion for excellence
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Why work for PanGlobal Training Systems Ltd?
PanGlobal Training Systems Ltd. provides great benefits packages for employees such as,
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Employer Matching RRSP Plan
- Healthcare Spending and Wellness Account
- Personal Time Off Allowances, Flex Days, and Paid Vacation, including paid days off during the holiday closure between Christmas and New Year's Day
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP); and
- Professional development opportunities.