- BA/BS degree required.
- 7-10 years of technology related sales or business development experience.
- Direct field experience working with enterprise accounts. In 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began offering IT infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services, now known as cloud computing. One of the key benefits of cloud computing is the opportunity to replace upfront capital infrastructure expenses with low variable costs that scale with your business. With the cloud, businesses no longer need to plan for and procure servers and other IT infrastructure weeks or months in advance. Instead, they can instantly spin up hundreds or thousands of servers in minutes and deliver results faster. Today, AWS provides highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure services in the cloud that power hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
AWS is seeking a seasoned enterprise sales representative in Canada to help us establish AWS as the market leader for a database services that addresses our customers' needs. As a specialist sales representative for this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technologies that will have a significant impact on our customer's technical strategy. Your responsibilities will include driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration of solutions such as Amazon Aurora, Amazon RDS, Amazon Document DB, and Amazon ElastiCache just to name a few of our database services.
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record and background that enables them to lead a sales effort that will include teaming with AWS sales representatives, solutions architects, and partners. The successful candidate will also possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical understanding that enables them to easily interact with developers and technical architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory or industry vertical.
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS database, analytics, and machine learning services
- Accelerate customer adoption of services such as Amazon Aurora, Amazon RDS, Amazon Document DB, and Amazon ElastiCache
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Expect moderate travel.
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
- 2+ years of experience selling database/analytics products
- Proven track record of success driving adoption of disruptive technologies within enterprise accounts.
- Extensive customer network. This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Ontario, Canada.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require