Our ideal Sales Development Representative is a results-oriented professional with a hunter's mentality and a desire to win. Our SDR's are self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate about how Docebo helps our customers. We look for professionals who are interested in the team's goals, incessantly focussed on results, and have a glass-half-full mentality. In this role, SDR's become experts at using lead gen tools to routinely extract contacts and craft targeted lists of prospects. They conduct sales development best practices with email, phone, and social drip cadences with net-new prospects. Using a fresh and modern tech stack, SDR's vigorously generate new appointments, demos, and contracts. This professional is passionate about smashing their goals and works to continuously improve their craft.
Reports to: Manager, Outbound Business Development
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada (remote OK)
- Craft succinct and compelling messaging for emails and cold calls which speak directly to buyer pain and capture your audience's attention in a short amount of time.
- Master the art of sending personal, strategic, value-add emails and social messages (no copying and pasting).
- Qualify the needs and wants of an organization.
- Connect with prospects to introduce the value proposition of Docebo products.
- At a high-level, discuss products and features to asses the interest and timing of a sales opportunity.
- Work collaboratively with AE's by sharing prospect's use case and level of interest to solution-build for prospects, upon identifying a qualified lead.
- Be excited to hunt for new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline.
- Be comfortable cold calling and video conferencing.
- Be ready to thrive in a dynamic environment and develop the role as things change within the business.
- Be able to strategically research and develop new accounts and messaging for hyper-targeted outreach (events, conferences, awards).
- Quickly research and strategize an approach to create interest and engagement.
- Secure and schedule meetings and demos adopting all tools available to you.
- Record all activities in our CRM and ensure that all the data points are accurate and updated on a timely basis.
- Work closely with Account Executives to move prospects through pipeline and closing.
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of demos, meetings, and qualified opportunities generated.
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Docebo products, industry trends, and competition.
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Provide closed-loop feedback to ensure continuous process optimization.
- Four-year college degree (preferably in Marketing, Business, or Communications).
- Passion, enthusiasm, energy, and humor that translates through phone and email communications.
- Creative ways to reach out to prospects and engage them in a meaningful discussion about how to improve their business.
- Self-empowering and self-motivated resilience in the face of rejection.
- A gritty love for the chase and the rewards that come with it.
- A keenly developed competitive nature with a desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals.
- Clear writing and creative thinking
- the more you love to read and write the better.
- Great self-awareness of speaking in a polished manner.
- Empathetic and active listening skills that drive thoughtful solutions.
- Verifiable track record of success and goal attainment in a sales-oriented role.
- Deep knowledge of Social Networks (especially LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter).
- Ability to engage and empathize over the phone.
- 1+ years in a fast-growing startup environment is a plus.