- 10+ years of relevant work experience in marketing. Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, technology, or relevant field of study.
- Demonstrated success in event management, product management, and/or project management.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Proven knowledge of industry tools preferred, such as Salesforce.com, HTML, and online analytics packages Amazon is seeking a talented, self-directed marketing expert to generate awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services' (AWS) cloud computing platform in Canada with our government, education and non-profit customer segment. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business.
As the Head of Public Sector Marketing for Canada, you will be responsible for driving the success of AWS among government, education and non-profit customers throughout the region. You will be responsible for defining and driving regional marketing programs and events and will lead the work with marketing managers in other areas of Public Sector, working as well with the corporate office in the US, to deliver marketing campaigns that drive awareness and generate leads in your market.
The right candidate has successful experience in results-driven marketing, an unbridled passion for technology, accountability and an entrepreneurial spirit. Position will be based in Toronto, Canada.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in public sector marketing
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track-record of staying on budget.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
- Fluent in French.