GS1 Canada is looking for an experienced and energetic Marketing Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing and Communications, the ideal candidate will be a quick creative thinker who will support in all areas of marketing, including communications, content development, social media, administration and event coordination.
The role requires a team player who possesses strong writing skills and is a strategic multi-tasker who can balance multiple projects and administrative duties and work collaboratively with all members of the marketing.team and other departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the development and execution of marketing strategies and plans across the marketing team
- Develops written content for emails, social, web, newsletters, etc.
- Creates decks and presentations and updates when required
- Proofreads and edits departmental content for quality and consistency
- Acts as primary marketing support for live and virtual industry events
- Researches and maintains a departmental library of relevant industry statistics and studies
- Researches competitive landscape when needed and provides written summary of findings
- Departmental administration including purchase orders and invoices, subscriptions, calendars, meeting minutes, marketing SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and SharePoint file management
- Supports management of marketing briefs/requests and social media content calendar
- Acts as back-up for email deployment when required
- Performs various other duties as required.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years' experience in a marketing support role in a busy organization
- Excellent writing skills, with strong attention to detail, including grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Experience in the development of PowerPoint presentations and decks, including content layout and building graphics, charts, etc.
- Social media and digital experience
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams in a professional, efficient manner
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment using strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple, tight deadlines and completion of assigned tasks
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Planner, etc.)
- Background in journalism or copywriting
- Experience within technology, CPG or healthcare industries
- Some knowledge of InDesign and Illustrator
- Bilingual (French and English)
GS1 Canada is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation due to a disability during the interview and assessment process.