Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments' important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
We are looking for a dynamic Intern Analyst to join the Stakeholder Affairs team in CPP Investments' Public Affairs and Communications (?PAC?) Department in the Toronto Office. You will report to the Director of Stakeholder Affairs and your primary responsibility will be managing and coordinating the production of CPP Investments' annual Sustainable Investing Report. You will have the opportunity to interact with colleagues throughout the organization, as well as graphic designers, translators and printers, to ensure that all necessary elements of the report come together in an orderly fashion. At the end of your contract, you will have managed the production of a significant printed report from start to finish. You will also walk away with expertise in how a large organization such as CPP Investments considers environmental, social and governance factors.
Help to create, and then oversee, the schedule for production of CPP Investments' annual Sustainable Investing Report. This will include planning and scheduling meetings, being a part of the creative process that determines the report's content (both written and visual), following up with colleagues who are writing various sections to ensure that they are incorporating the right elements and that deadlines are being met, helping to find and choose photos, liaising with graphic designers and translators, researching information, proofreading, maintaining drafts, sending drafts for internal approvals, etc., and all the while ensuring that the process adheres to schedule.
At CPP Investments, we are committed to helping you grow your skills and gain world-class experience. Working within a strong culture of collaboration, you will discover our rewarding and challenging internships. We have leaders who listen to every member of the team and trust them with meaningful work. This translates into immediate and unparalleled learning.
The summer program begins with an Intern Orientation for you to engage with fellow Interns and learn about the resources and programs available to you. We offer company-wide departmental overviews for you to explore more about what we do at CPP Investments and give you the opportunity to gain exposure to senior leadership across the firm. You will quickly advance your knowledge and expertise through stimulating on-the-job assignments. You will participate in additional summer programming such as our Intern Case Competition and our Speaker Series where each session focuses on a different aspect of our culture including Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion & Diversity and much more. We encourage you to bring your full self to work and take every opportunity to excel in your role.
Who We're Looking For:
The successful candidate will be extremely organized, a good researcher, and capable of interacting with a range of people including senior executives. Ideally, they would also have excellent writing capabilities and business literacy, interest in graphic design is an asset.
- Candidates in an undergraduate or graduate program that will be returning to school in the fall of 2021 are eligible to apply
- Students working towards a degree in Business or Communications or an associated field of study
- Knowledge of the investment management industry would be an asset
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Word required
- Ability to distill complex information into compelling, concise content and produce targeted materials for a variety of audiences
- High-performing team player with a collaborative approach and actively contributes to joint projects and initiatives
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit flexibility and adaptability to change
- Strict adherence to confidentiality and exhibiting a high level of professionalism at all times
- Detail and results-oriented with the ability to multitask
- Demonstrated strength in project management to ensure the efficient and timely delivery of projects
- Exemplifies the Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
If you have an interest in working with talented professionals in the financial industry in an environment of integrity, partnership and high performance, then you should consider a career in at CPP Investments.
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume and transcripts (full unofficial version)
Deadline: January 17, 2021 at 11:59pm EST
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.