BeatRoute is a global lifestyle digital media company rooted in storytelling through the lens of a music fan. We are committed to creating exciting, thought-provoking content that inspires and entertains while celebrating emerging artists and industry pioneers across all genres. Established in 2004 as a street print publication, BeatRoute continues to support local artists and the community. Music is everywhere-we're here to celebrate that. We are looking for a Part-Time Editor to join our team and help us tell unique stories that break through the noise.
Reporting to the Head of BeatRoute, the Editor will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team with infinite career-development potential. The ideal candidate will assume the role of a detail-oriented, professional, well-balanced opportunist who is passionate about music, culture, style, and providing positive shareable experiences. The successful candidate thrives on the challenges that come with a growing company, values strong communication with team members, and operates on trust.
- Pitch and write stories for beatroutemedia.com.
- Participate and collaborate in editorial meetings.
- Work closely with editorial stakeholders to roll out monthly cover stories and features across social.
- Assign and edit freelance articles.
- Work closely with Head of BeatRoute, Digital Strategist, and business teams to develop sponsor-supported editorial projects.
- Must have a deep enthusiasm for music and tell unique and nuanced stories about the industry's highly-covered figures.
- Manage day-to-day posting, editing, and optimization of content on multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tiktok.
- Use social media to develop, engage, and inform audiences across platforms.
- Evaluate new social platforms and determine ROI.
- 2+ of years experience in editorial.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Ability to convey a compelling message succinctly.
- Have a passion for digital media, creativity, and audience-first thinking.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Resourceful and a problem solver, able to navigate the unique experience of working remotely during Covid.
- Experience with CMS
- Headline, metadata, and SEO proficiency
- Must have passion for and a finger on the pulse of what's new and breaking in music, culture, and style.