Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments' important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
We are looking for a dynamic Intern Analyst to join the Corporate Affairs team in CPP Investments' Public Affairs and Communications (?PAC?) Department in the Toronto Office.
The Corporate Affairs group brings together key efforts focused on preserving, promoting and enhancing CPP Investments' culture, brand and reputation. The successful candidate will dedicate their time to the Strategic Communications and Thought Leadership team.
Strategic Communications is focused on driving proactive strategic communications and thought leadership strategies that meaningfully support CPP Investments' pursuit of its business objectives and enhance the reputation of CPP Investments both domestically and internationally. This role will report into the Strategic Communications and Thought Leadership team and have the opportunity to work with colleagues across CPP Investments.
In this unique internship role, you will have a direct impact on the strategic planning and execution of both global and domestic activities, including those related to CPP Investments' thought leadership strategy, alumni program, external engagements by senior executives and other corporate developments with a brand/reputation aspect.
- Transform fund insights into external thought leadership of various forms, including support of the production of written and visual information such as white papers, presentations, infographics.
- Support efforts to advance the fund's ability to produce thought leadership content, by mining the organization for insights and supporting their distribution through project management
- Work closely with the Managing Director, Corporate Affairs to develop written and visual content for external engagements by senior CPP Investments executives, including the CEO.
- Conduct research for external engagements to ensure content supports CPP Investments' business priorities, thought leadership themes and positions key topics effectively to global institutions, policymakers and senior business/investment leaders.
- Contribute to the development of strategic communication materials, including key messages, speeches, PowerPoint presentations, talking points, briefing materials and other communications products.
At CPP Investments, we are committed to helping you grow your skills and gain world-class experience. Working within a strong culture of collaboration, you will discover our rewarding and challenging internships. We have leaders who listen to every member of the team and trust them with meaningful work. This translates into immediate and unparalleled learning.
The summer program begins with an Intern Orientation for you to engage with fellow Interns and learn about the resources and programs available to you. We offer company-wide departmental overviews for you to explore more about what we do at CPP Investments and give you the opportunity to gain exposure to senior leadership across the firm. You will quickly advance your knowledge and expertise through stimulating on-the-job assignments. You will participate in additional summer programming such as our Intern Case Competition and our Speaker Series where each session focuses on a different aspect of our culture including Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion & Diversity and much more. We encourage you to bring your full self to work and take every opportunity to excel in your role.
Who We're Looking For:
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent writing skills, proficiency with social media, demonstrable business literacy, including knowledge of global economic trends, and an ability to quickly grasp complexity.
- Candidates in an undergraduate or graduate program that will be returning to school in the autumn of 2021 are eligible to apply.
- Working towards a degree in Business, Public Policy, Politics, Communications or an associated field of study. Knowledge of the investment management industry would be an asset
- Data visualization skillset an asset
- Fluency in digital communication channels, social platforms and project management required
- Commands the ability to distill complex information into compelling, concise content and produce targeted materials for a variety of audiences
- High-performing team player with a collaborative approach and actively contributes to joint projects and initiatives
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit flexibility and adaptability to change
- Strict adherence to confidentiality and exhibiting a high level of professionalism at all times
- Detail and results-oriented and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exemplifies the Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
If you have an interest in working with talented professionals in the financial industry in an environment of integrity, partnership and high performance, then you should consider a career in at CPP Investments.
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume and transcripts (full unofficial version)
Deadline: January 17, 2021 at 11:59pm EST
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.