You'll join our in-house National Design studio in EY Canada's Creative Services Group, helping support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. You will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY's growth and profitability.
Your key responsibilities
In your role as a Graphic Designer you will be aligned with the Design Director, Pursuits, to assist and lead in the design used for pursuits (pitches/proposals) and business development digital and print deliverables. As a driven and passionate creative professional, you enjoy collaborating and working in tandem with your colleagues while striving to understand and anticipate customer's needs to exceed expectations.
Your key responsibilities include :
- Supporting the Design Director, Pursuits, in developing all creative concepts and assets required for the most visible and valuable pursuit engagements
- With the Design Director, Pursuits, taking the lead in design and layout of pursuit and business development deliverables
- Understand, and using, EY brand standards, develop leading-edge designs and innovative ideas for print and digital client deliverables
- Effectively create layouts with strong typography and appropriate use of brand colour, images and tone
- Maintaining expertise with industry software
- Knowledge for troubleshooting technical issues in both print and digital based deliverables
i.e. pre-press, document optimization and interactive elements
- Sharing best practices, utilizing current techniques, equipment and advancements within the design community. Pursues and shares best practices with the department
- Participating in project meetings and positive discussions relating to appropriate graphics methods/techniques to meet project requirements
- Negotiating project deadlines to create timelines, determines project scope to define cost estimates, and schedule changes for client approval
- May train new employees on hardware, software, file formats, Standards and Guidelines and intake processes
- Working with external vendors regarding the coordination of production for external products and services
- Understanding, implementing, and strictly adhering to the quality standards and procedures established by EY
- Overtime will be required as needed
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in layout and editorial design, both with regards to creative and production
- Strong background, knowledge and understanding of typography
- A desire and willingness to learn, take on new projects and challenges to continue developing as designer
- Proficient in Mac OS and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Word)
- Experience in Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro or motion graphics an asset, but not required.
- Committed to contributing to a strong team culture to ensure success
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively with multiple stakeholders and colleagues alike
- Develop and maintain relationships to efficiently leverage expertise
- Sound judgement regarding confidential and sensitive matters
- Proven ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment
- Aptitude to differentiate when to act independently or team with others
To qualify for the role, you must have
- College diploma or technical certificate in Graphic Design
- 3-5 years professional experience as a Graphic Designer
Ideally, you'll also have
- Corporate Communications experience
- Editorial design experience
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers, have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements and be able to deliver on tight deadlines in support of our clients' goals.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture
- built on high-performance teaming
- where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.