One of Ontario's finest and most highly successful retail chains with 12 locations, Lastman's Bad Boy is the one stop shop for all your household needs; furniture, mattresses, appliances and electronics. We are famous for our Solid Gold promise: lowest prices, best service, integrity and commitment.
Originally founded in 1955 by Mel Lastman and reborn in 1991 by his son Blayne Lastman, the name and commitment of the organization to the community has remained unparalleled.
At Bad Boy, everyone counts, and we are as dedicated to our employees as we are our customers!
- Design electronic and printed materials for flyers, ROP, print ads, displays, publications, marketing materials, Web sites, and other channels.
- Create and produce JPEGs, PDFs, video, clip art, graphs, charts, thumbnail images, and other design elements
- Create electronic page layouts using publishing software (e.g. CS5
- InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.)
- Conceptualize and design flyers, advertisements, brochures, logos, signage, and other exhibits/displays
- Participate and assist in writing TV & Radio Scripts as well as TV Commercial production
- Plan production schedules and workflow for the entire design process.
- Integrate multimedia concepts with technical graphic design elements, as appropriate
- Develop specifications and standards for printing and other production.
- Inspect proofs for accuracy and adherence to corporate standards
- Provides technical graphics assistance to production personnel, content authors, publishers, clients, and/or vendors/service providers
- Participate in marketing strategic planning meetings on a project-by-project basis
- Coordinate and maintain a library of graphics, media, digital records, and other enterprise content
- Where necessary, write and edit marketing copy, Web copy, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Solid design and conceptual skills
- At least 3 years of experience in photography or videography
- Product photography experience
- At least 2 years of Photo/Video Sudio experience
- Graphic Layout skill
- Ability to assemble individual elements; raw camera footage (including 4k) dialogue, music and graphics
- Animation and video editing skills
- Sound recording and editing skills
- Strong knowledge of page layout and photographic requirements
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoship, Indesgin After Effects, Premier Pro and Illustrator
- Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from superiors
- Effective deadline management and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders and/or content owners
- Ability to analyze and interpret user requirements
- Strong interpretive skills to analyze technical information and create illustrations
- Ability to take direction from Advertising Director and/or Coordinator
- Broadcast knowledge considered an asset
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite
- InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and Microsoft Office
- Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles
Why Lastman's Bad Boy?
We believe in training and developing our team and promoting from within. With over half of our dedicated employees being with the company for over 10 years, once you join, you don't want to leave!! Bad Boy offers a fun and rewarding career!
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and other benefits, which include:
- Excellent commission structure for high income potential
- Salaried position at Manager level and above
- Long term professional career growth
- Open environment, creative & outside the box thinkers preferred
- Fantastic employee product purchase program
- Fun & Friendly workplace
- Employee recognition events
- Medical, dental and vision care
- AD&D, Life insurance
- Long-term disability & Critical Illness Insurance
We thank all candidates for their resumes, however only those meeting our required criteria will be contacted for an interview.