*This is a contract full-time position for 6 months*
Who we are:
Have you been searching for an energetic, dynamic and fun company to call home? Look no further! Vitrum Glass Group located in Langley, BC is on a rapid trajectory to become the most trusted brand in Glass Fabrication, one exceptional experience at a time! We have over 200,000 square feet of fabrication capacities and will add an addition 180,000 before year end. Since we're in the business of being exceptional, that means we're always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
The role of the Technical Writer in our company is to create a set of structured manuals/SOP's to allow for easy transition of new hires and educational pieces within the company. Vitrum Glass is a large scale manufacturing facility with industry leading automation. This role will break down our processes (manufacturing & office administration) and formalize them into documents to help our company grow.
In all matters, we have three basic rules:
- Do the right thing.
- Do the best we can.
- Show others that we care.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Successfully complete 50% of processed documents (SOP's/Manuals) within 3 months. Ensure all documents are completed within 6 months.
- Completing and submitting 3 documents per week for review.
- Have the ability to understand glass industry technical verbiage within 30 days of hire date.
- Spend a minimum of 10 hours per week with Subject Matter Experts to understand processes and procedures.
- Review created content with Subject Matter Experts on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned by managers.
- Educational Diploma or Degree in Communication & Writing
- Professional Content Writing Experience
- Strong Computer Skills
- A mechanical background is considered an asset
- The ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for customers
- Creative Skills (Usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts that increase users' understanding)
- SharePoint experience is considered an asset.
- High emotional need to succeed
- Process Driven Mindset
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Consistency in detail of work
- Positive energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent interpersonal Skills
If you think this role is a perfect fit for you, apply now!