Sapling is looking for a self-starting, goal oriented Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our growing sales team, playing the crucial role of breaking into new accounts and fostering relationships with multiple contacts within all levels of our target customer segments.
The ideal candidates understands the impact they can create to the bottom line, playing one of the most vital roles in the company. Their day-to-day role will include collaboration with the wider sales team, market research to identify new potential customers and leads, and qualification of these leads by learning about their approach to onboarding and the HR ecosystem.
- Drive Sapling's growth through inbound and outbound prospecting efforts, generating sales leads that will turn into opportunities and closed business.
- Educate and develop leads through inbound or outbound prospecting via phone calls, emails, events, webinars and assorted campaigns.
- Prospect into a target account list ranging from the Fortune 5000 to medium-sized organizations; forming relationships with Managers and Directors of HR to C-Level executives.
- Identify and develop an in-depth understanding of each lead generation process, supporting marketing activities, prospect touch-points and the handoff to an Account Executive.
- Generate emails for Groove.co, make cold-calls to map and penetrate accounts.
- Use to track activity and update account/contact information.
- Be tenacious. Conduct follow-up calls and emails until meetings are set.
- Hit and/or exceed quotas.
- Mentor and help train new hires.
- Help build out our world-class Sales Playbook and Tech Stack.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1-2 years career experience; preferably six-months experience in B2B software sales;
- Intellectually curious and with keen interest technology;
- Adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated with a strong work ethic.;
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions;
- Interested in entrepreneurship and technology;
- Looking to make a big impact and grow your career at an early-stage, high-growth startup;
- Track-record of top performance and exceeding expectations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to remain focused for long periods of time;
- The ability to triage competing priorities;
- Experience cold-calling and cold-emailing a plus;
- Experience working with SFDC or any other intricate CRM a plus.
The SDR role offers competitive compensation plan and uncapped commission potential. We also offer a benefits package including medical, dental, paid time off (PTO), employee stock option plan, health and learning stipend, and mentorship.