At Red Deer College, we strive to provide our stakeholders with top-notch, innovative marketing and communications strategies that are creative and consistent with Red Deer College's overall brand image and exceptional customer service.
The Marketing Strategist will report to the Marketing Coordinator, and will be responsible for developing and implementing innovative and effective marketing strategies and tactics to support the entire College in a competitive educational marketplace. A successful incumbent in this position will develop and implement strategies that will deliver business results, while always focusing on recruitment, awareness and branding. Job Duties
- Develop internal and external marketing and communication strategies that support the business needs and the overall strategic direction of the College
- Develop marketing plans, using an integrated approach of traditional and online media, that supports enrollment management for College programs and departments
- Manage working relationships with internal service providers and external vendors to ensure marketing and communications tactics are implemented effectively and in a timely fashion
- Develop media plans using an integrated approach of traditional and non-traditional media
- Develop effective creative ads that meet business needs and adhere to RDC's brand. This includes drafting content to ensure message resonates with target audiences and fits specifications of a particular medium; editing; proofreading
- Work closely with Graphic Design Specialists to translate business needs into creative solutions
- Place all social media advertising (eg. Google, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat) lead generation, retargeting advertising on these platforms is essential to monitor effectiveness. Required to change/update messaging as needed to ensure audiences respond
- Research emerging media, new trends and best practices
- Advise requesting departments in development of appropriate communications tools to effectively share messages with target audiences
- Work closely with Communications Strategists to draft messages for unpaid and earned media and RDC's social media platforms
- Ensure that RDC brand is effectively and consistently integrated within all marketing and communications initiatives, directed internally and externally
- Assist with the College's brand management and best practices research
- Adhere to budgets identified by internal clients and negotiate with external vendors for production of required materials
- Monitor effectiveness of marketing and communications initiatives
- Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Media Relations
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Strong project management skills gained from experience managing multiple projects
- Demonstrated communication, analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to work with a variety of people, both internally and externally
- Ability to translate business needs, creating and implementing effective marketing and communications strategy into tactical creative solutions
- Relevant practical experience across key social media sites
- Ability to write a Business Brief and a Creative Brief
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent team skills
- Experience with graphic production and colour print process
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, online advertising booking, lead generation and remarketing advertising with a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Media Relations
- Communications and Advertising Accredited Professional (CAAP) Designation and/or Accredited in Public Relations (APR) Salary or Hourly? Salary Salary $48,528.80 Annually Benefits and Compensation Information
Red Deer College offers a comprehensive benefits package including extended health and dental care through Blue Cross, access to a health spending account, pension plan, generous vacation allotments, credit tuition waivers and opportunities for professional development funding. Additional time off due to College closures between Christmas and New Year general holidays.
- Eligibility to access the above mentioned benefits dependent upon the AUPE Collective Agreement and related RDC policies. About Red Deer College
Red Deer College's story began in 1964 when our first group of students attended classes that fall. We proudly serve our learners and communities with diverse programs, as well as impressive learning spaces and facilities.
RDC offers more than 100 programs, including applied and collaborative degrees, skilled trades, certificates and diplomas. The College continues to grow programs across a breadth of credentials as it transitions to become a polytechnic university. Once this transition is complete, the institution will officially be known as Red Deer University, offering the same breadth of programs and credentials it offers students now, in addition to its own degrees.
Applied research and innovation are among the ways in which we provide opportunities for students and faculty to collaborate with businesses and entrepreneurs to find solutions to real-world problems.
The College estimates that about 6,200 full-and part-time credit and apprenticeships students will enrol for the 2020/2021 academic year. RDC also provides lifelong learning opportunities to 34,000 youth and adult learners annually in the School of Continuing Education. Our core business, teaching and learning, are at the heart of our institution's mandate, as well as our vision, mission and values.
RDC's main campus is located on Treaty 7, Treaty 6 and Metis ancestral lands. This is where we will strive to honour and transform our relationships with one another. Our people
- students, instructors, staff, and community members
- are who make RDC such a vibrant and welcoming post-secondary institution.