i-Sight is searching for an experienced Technical Writer to join our team and help take our client-focused product to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you will have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
Please note, at this time all positions will be working remotely until such time as the organization feels it safe to return to an in-office environment. Ability to work from home and have designated workspace will be required.
- Obtain a deep understanding of our product to translate complex information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Create user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience and sets our users up for success
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Produce and distribute tutorials to help end-users master complex features
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Work closely with product owners, designers, and developers to understand product details
- Collect usability feedback from customers and various internal stakeholders
- 2+ years of experience as a Technical Writer or similar role
- Ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for customers
- Creative skills and usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users' understanding
- Excellent written skills in English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Background in engineering or computer science is a big plus
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
i-Sight is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally-protected factors as applied by Canadian law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.