#CareersThatKickSaas! ProntoForms is looking for a talented Technical Writer for a six-month contract to help us modernize and build our content library. You must have an aptitude for clear, concise communication and a strong desire to apply best practices in Technical Writing. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, Agile software development environment that requires a commitment to accuracy, clarity, and teamwork. This role requires attention to detail, an interest in learning new skills and technology, and a positive, "can-do" attitude.
ProntoForms is an Ottawa founded company that has built the best-in-field low-code app development platform. Our product enables people to build and deploy enterprise-grade mobile forms in minutes. Check out our website for more information and videos on how our customers use our product.
In this role you will:
- As assigned by the Senior Technical Writer, develop online content for API endpoints and product features.
- Follow style guidelines and templates to ensure consistency across the documentation library.
- Meet with subject matter experts and software developers to obtain information needed to ensure that content is complete and accurate.
- Assist with restructuring existing content.
- Meet regularly with the Senior Technical Writer to plan and schedule work activities.
We'd love to hear from you if have:
- Bachelor's degree (any field) or equivalent
- Work samples that demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Technical Writing
- At least two years of experience as a Technical Writer or similar role
- A certificate or other training in Technical Writing is a bonus
- Familiarity with structured writing, topic-based authoring, HTML/CSS
- Agile software development, Zendesk, and MadCapsoftware experience is preferred, but not essential
Some extra perks:
- Virtual company-wide & team social events
- Free access to an online learning platform (Pluralsight)
- Home office upgrade benefit for all new members of our team
- Flexibility in work hours
If you are looking for the opportunity to embrace and be part of a truly unique company culture, this KickSaaS opportunity might just be for you!