Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, this role is responsible for proactive and reactive product and service communications and media relations for BMW Group Canada. This includes executing specific campaigns and programs that support the BMW Group Canada Corporate Communications annual strategy, as well as identifying, creating and maintaining media relationships across Canada and ongoing media relations support to enhance the Group's corporate reputation (including crisis communication management).
Develop an annual BMW Group Canada product and services communications strategy and plan that positions the BMW Group as a leader
- in the automotive / motorcycle industry and beyond
- and supports an increase in consideration and sales for all BMW Group brands as a part of the overall strategy. All strategic planning and operations are derived from the strategic communications targets set by AK and C4-CA.
Corporate and Internal Communications:
- Advance and protect BMW Group Canada's external corporate reputation by promoting BMW Group Canada as a sound, attractive business and responsible corporate citizen to investors, influencers and the general public.
- Initiate opportunities that support dissemination of corporate messages to target audiences. Identify, strategically select and coordinate relevant speaking engagements relating to topics that directly and indirectly affect the BMW Group and the automotive industry. Leverage national and international spokespeople to extend brand and corporate messages effectively.
- Develop and conduct media pitches targeting outlets that enable delivery of corporate messages
- both national and international.
- Service, educate and inform targeted editorial media of the operations, brands and activities of BMW Group Canada and BMW Group worldwide in order to generate positive media coverage.
- Develop and execute communication plans for Canadian auto shows (Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver).
- Generate awareness of messages and products at international motor shows.
- Formulate and distribute press releases informing target audiences of BMW Group Canada business and marketing successes and initiatives.
- Analyze and identify new media outlets and foster relationships.
Automotive and Motorrad Media:
- Seek, identify and establish relevant and beneficial partnerships for additional BMW Group exposure in traditional and non-traditional automotive outlets.
- Position the BMW Group as a leader in innovation, sustainability, and aesthetics.
- Collaborate with BMW Group Canada marketing teams and US communications colleagues to secure Canadian lifestyle and automotive media participation at events that generate awareness and understanding of BMW Group messaging
- both national and international.
- Develop and implement product actions for all brands that are consistent with each vehicle's consideration and sales objectives and coordinate and integrate actions with company departments aligned to the same goals to secure exposure in non-traditional outlets.
- Deliver and present BMW Group products / services to media during trails.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Degree in journalism or communications an asset.
- Minimum 5-7 years of corporate and brand communications experience with a focus on automotive OEM experience preferred.
- Established automotive, business and lifestyle media relations.
- Crisis communications experience.
- Excellent communications skills (written, spoken, thought organization, effectiveness in communicating ideas, listening).
- Automotive industry awareness and technical competence.
- Passion for innovation and technology.
- Excellent knowledge of the news and reporting process.
- French language skills preferred.
- The Canadian news and media landscape is highly diverse. With centers in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal, the cultural diversity of this geographically enormous country includes vastly differing audiences in English, French and Chinese.
- Vehicle launches and media events take place around the world. In this role, the Associate will need travel to each market to establish and maintain strong relationships across these varied groups.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
BMW Group Canada is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. BMW Group Canada does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law.