Media fragmentation, changing consumer behavior, the rise of search and social, and the need to avoid commoditization are transforming the practice of marketing and communications. As a Technology Editor at Quietly, you'll be integral in helping deliver content that is flawless and answers the brief. Along with substantive editing, copyediting, fact-checking, and working with our network of freelance writers, you'll prepare and proofread strategic documents, assist in formatting and packaging content to make it client-facing, and even pitch in to write content from time to time.
We are looking for an experienced Editor with a history of working on technology topics aimed at business owners, IT leaders, and engineers in categories that include cybersecurity, fintech, and tech-enabled transformation, among others.
This is a full-time opportunity offering a competitive base salary, three weeks of vacation, a comprehensive benefits package, and gym access. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Gastown in Vancouver, Canada. Remote work is a possibility.
If you're passionate about creating content that people want to consume and that moves the needle for technology clients, let's talk!
About the company: Quietly is an award-winning, full-service content marketing agency, working across the entire lifecycle
- from discovery and strategy to creation, production and distribution. Quietly partners with category leaders such as Adobe, Dell Technologies, Goldman Sachs, Herschel, MEC, Sotheby's International Realty, PwC, and Slack to understand how content drives their business, devising strategies and executing along the way. Quietly has also developed its own Custom Data technology, as well its standalone product: Insights.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Edit all content (substantive and stylistic editing, copyediting, and proofreading) on deadline
- Deliver content that is not only clean, but is on brief and aligns with the client's tone, voice and goals
- Ensure all information is factually accurate, including fact-checking
- Work with photo editor to complement written content with on-brand visuals
- Help package and send content so that it's publisher/brand ready
- Write content, where necessary
- Develop question sets and conduct interviews with subject matter experts as needed
- Find, brief, and manage relationships with a network of freelance writers
- Work closely with Quietly's Content and Strategy teams to develop content ideas and opportunities
- Research clients and get to know their business, product offerings, and communication styles
- Take on associated administrative tasks such as updating content databases to track deliverables, drafting status updates for the client team, and updating project information in Asana
WHO YOU ARE
- You're passionate about creating compelling content for the technology sector
- You have at least 2 years of experience as an Editor, including experience in tech
- You've interviewed subject matter experts in the technology space
- You're able to work with a wide range of content formats including blog posts, infographics, web copy, whitepapers and videos
- Experience working with style guides is a plus
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- The ability to quickly understand complex products, services, and market dynamics
- Excellent verbal and written English
- A degree in Communications, Journalism or english
- Experience in research and fact-checking
- The ability to communicate constructive feedback with ease, remotely
- A knack for developing and executing on creative concepts
- The ability to convey ideas and stories in a clear and succinct fashion
- A willingness to work within tight deadlines when needed