It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
By placing Tulip-enabled iPhones into the hands of associates
- at leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Chanel
- our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product and customer information while also being able to transact and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation, and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Product Marketing Manager to the team. The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for creating best-in-class product positioning, messaging and competitive differentiation for Tulip's products ensuring Sales & Marketing teams are equipped with the right product-related messages, content, and collateral to efficiently generate and close new business opportunities. As a key member of the Marketing team and working closely with the Product team, the successful candidate will be a product champion, bringing knowledge, passion, and energy to the role as they work to build awareness and adoption of the Tulip solutions.
The position will cover a range of activities including understanding the markets we serve, trends and opportunities, developing plans, crafting marketing content, web materials, solutions presentations and sales support materials, product newsletters, as well as related campaigns and other marketing activities such as webinars in partnership with the ABM and Content Marketing Managers. The Product Marketing Manager will collect & analyze valuable market / competitive research and product feedback to inform Product Managers and contribute to our product prioritization, planning and roadmap process.
What you will do:
- The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving our market intelligence. They will be the experts on our buyers, who they are, how they buy, what their buying criteria is and understand the dominant market & technology trends that are shaping their needs & decision making.
- Through conducting research and market analysis, they will provide a strong understanding of our competitive landscape, including positioning, feature set, go-to-market strategies, pricing, differentiators, etc.
- Create product packaging, which includes positioning, messaging, differentiators and pricing that will resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Provide Sales support through providing training to the Sales team on the problems we solve for our buyers. Participate in Sales meetings & RFPs to demonstrate products and articulate product value proposition and alignment to target buyer's needs, create product-related sales collateral and demo assets, vet prospect lists for target buyer fit.
- Provide support to other members of the Marketing team through the creation of product content (e.g. website copy, blog posts, product videos, customer case studies, etc. and participate at conferences (product demo, presentations, product collateral).
- Working as the liaison between Sales, Marketing and Product teams, drive the product feedback process by measuring & analyzing feature adoption, usage, sales attractiveness etc.
- Participate in the Product Management / Roadmap Process. Recommend and help evaluate new product ideas / features based on market intelligence, competitive landscape and product feedback.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with industry analysts (i.e., Gartner, Forrester).
What you will bring:
- Post-secondary education with a Bachelor's degree in business or marketing.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in SaaS environment with a proven track record in crafting compelling product positioning (rooted in competitor analysis & market research) and product thought leadership content.
- Experience in areas relating to customer engagement, retail technology, SaaS / Platform-based solutions.
- Technically fluent
- comfortable dealing with technical information and can translate technical capabilities into customer benefits using simple, clear and intuitive language.
- Hands-on ability to create a range of product marketing assets (including product briefs, pricing guidelines, product demo assets, sharp succinct slide pitch-decks).
- Excellent communications skills
- Must be able to present both technical and non-technical product topics to individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong team building capability to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Adaptable and can deal with ambiguity and changing (& growing) priorities.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- A fantastic office space with a flexible work environment that includes a wellness/prayer room.
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
Why we are awesome.
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.