Our doors are open
- to you. As one of the top three companies for access and security solutions worldwide we make life easier, smarter and more secure. We are a trusted partner that stands for innovation, top performance and a fulfilling workplace. Join our team of 16,000 colleagues around the world and help us build trust every day.
Whitby, CA, ON L1N 0E6
Dec 21, 2020
dormakaba: ranked in the top 100 global tech leaders by Thomson Reuters!
The dormakaba Group is one of the top three companies in the global market for access and security solutions. The company is a single source provider of products, solutions and services related to doors and secure access to buildings and rooms. No matter where you are, if you need reliable and innovative access and security solutions, we will provide you high quality service
- in hotels, shops, sports facilities, airports, hospitals, at home or in the office. Around the globe.
With over 16,000 employees worldwide dormakaba is present in over 130 countries and has more than 150 years of experience. The dormakaba Group is headquartered in Rümlang, Switzerland, and generates annual revenues of over 3 billion dollars CAD.
As the technical writer you will be pivotal in the communication about our products and features via technical documents and online help, with a customer first approach.
Your responsibility will be to accurately author documents for our products (Software/Hardware) and its features, describing the software interface and hardware functionality via step-by-step instructions through appropriate technical examples alongside illustrative screenshots and maintain up-to-date technical manuals, installation guides and help projects.
Secondary functions include assisting in authoring and or editing other engineering-related documents and white papers, along with reviewing and editing technical details in non-engineering documents and literature.
Various documents are updated with each release of a product and/or software revision, including an in-depth user guides, online help, getting started guides, detailed release notes and online documents.
- Experience in producing professional technical documentation and online help for an Enterprise software/hardware electronic solution
- Exceptional oral/written communications skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Visio, Excel), Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe RoboHelp or equivalent
- Experienced interviewing subject matter experts to extract necessary information for technical documentation and online help
- Ability to author and maintain up-to-date technical manuals, installation guides and help projects for both online and print material
- Ability to manage time effectively to deliver documentation for multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to create diagrams, flowcharts and other graphical illustrations
- Ability to setup equipment/software for use with technical documents, installation guides or related materials
- Ability to analyze a target audience and understand the audience's needs and how to best reach them
- Organize all material according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology define by the corporation
- Maintain all records and revisions of work, while maintaining document control
- Authoring and/or editing other engineering-related documents and white papers
- Familiar with preparing content for websites and online help
- Review, edit, standardize or make changes to material prepared by other writers or third-party personnel
- Authoring, editing and reviewing all technical details on non-engineering documents and literature
- Work closely with other departments, business locations and third-party personnel to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material for all technical manuals, installation guides and online help projects
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent (English, Engineering, Communication)
We thank all applicants for their interest. Our company is committed to equal employment opportunities and encourages diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are contacted to arrange an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Our company is committed to equal employment opportunities and encourages diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. Please note that the sole purpose of the use of the masculine is to simplify the text.