Work with HR colleagues to build clear communications strategies and plans in support of key HR projects and processes. Implement innovative communication and change management strategies to gain adoption for new HR initiatives.
Develop clear and concise communication messages using a variety of existing channels and develop channels, where none exist, to effectively reach target audiences (people leaders, associates, HR teams)
Serve as the subject matter expert to ensure HR communications are compelling and accessible to all intended audiences.
Manage the flow of relevant HR communications materials delivered through a variety of channels both within the HR organization as well as to 62,000 global Danaher associates. Quickly evaluate and capitalize on timely HR communications opportunities.
Coach and guide HR colleagues on communications best practices, strategies and processes.
Manage communications plans to meet HR business objectives, metrics and deadlines.
Continually review and incorporate the latest technologies and best practices to amplify HR communications.
You must be an excellent and articulate communicator, intellectually curious and have a strong work ethic. You should be an independent thinker and self-starter with the bandwidth to multitask, prioritize and work on several key projects at a given time. You must have the ability to participate in spirited give-and-take discussions about your work. It is important that you have superior interpersonal and influencing skills with an ability to work with people at multiple levels both inside and outside of Danaher.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- A track record in communicating and supporting change management through transformation for enterprise-wide initiatives
- A strong creative capability to transform simple messages into compelling executions that drive action
- Global project management expertise and a familiarity working in a global corporation with multiple lines of business and a multi-generational workforce
- Great writing, editing and presentation skills
- A strong attention to detail, superior time management and organizational skills
- Comfort working in a high-energy, quickly changing and demanding environment
- Domestic and international travel periodically, typically less than 20%.
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, human resources or related field; minimum 8-10 years' experience
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 experience
Strong understanding of capabilities of Web platforms, content management systems and social media tools
Proven track record of outstanding oral and written communications skills
Personal Trait Profile
- The incumbent of this position must possess the following traits:
- Detail and results oriented
- Have a high sense of urgency
- Possess a high level of integrity and ethics
- High stress tolerance and open-minded
- Must be organized and possess strong time and project management skills
- Fast thinker with good judgment and decisiveness
- Pursuit of excellence vs. perfection
- Continuous improvement